Gastric imbrication/gastric plication Has anyone has this?????

susang
on 1/1/13 2:19 am - CA

Hi Thanks again for the reply...I guess my understanding was the a "tightening" of the vsg is like a redo and is considered high risk. But with the plication if the stomach has stretched  they fold of the skin and sew making the vsg back to its original size or smaller you have restriction again. Kind of like taking in a seam...I will be seeing my Dr here in LA on Jan 14th to discuss any options. Alot f gastric ballooning going on too also endobarrier gastointestinal liner (temporary) but not in USA yet. My dr told me the last time I saw him for a reflux issue to live with the weight gain and work on it...he is probably exactly right but still feels like a  battle.

MsBatt
on 1/1/13 7:50 am

If you're already having reflux problems, just keep in mind that making your Sleeve smaller will make the reflux worse.

Hislady
on 1/1/13 9:57 am - Vancouver, WA

Personally I'd stay fat forever before I'd look at the plication but that's just me.

susang
on 1/1/13 10:02 pm - CA

Hi thanks for the reply...can you tell me why? Interested in hearing all responses the good bad and ugly :) thanks

Hislady
on 1/2/13 5:30 am - Vancouver, WA

I don't so much want a dead stomach for starters and I know from experience with the band that scar tissue can and will build up quickly and cause more problems than you can imagine. With all the folding and stitching the scar tissue has to be horrendous and as I said I'm already suffering from the scar tissue from my band. It's just too new and unproven whether it will even work because they don't remove any of the stomach the grehlin is still being produced thus causing hunger no matter how much you fold up the stomach. I just have no intention of being a test specimen on something that can cause so much damage.

Most Active