Overstitch procedure

Tri_harder
on 12/22/12 7:40 pm, edited 1/2/13 7:38 am

Is there anyoone here that has had the overstitch procedure?  I really would appreciate any feedback on the procedure because I am seriously considering having it.   Thanks, Tri

Hislady
on 12/23/12 11:23 am - Vancouver, WA

You might post this on the main forum too. Personally I've not heard of it before so have no info for you. Also you might post it on the RNY forum they may be more familiar than we are here. Good luck, I hope someone has answers for you.

Tri_harder
on 12/27/12 5:46 am

It is a revision.  What revision did you have?  Did it work?  thanks Tri

Hislady
on 12/27/12 10:38 am - Vancouver, WA

Oh I realize it's a revision it's just that this forum doesn't always get a lot of traffic so sometimes t helps to post on other forums that are related to the revision. I haven't revised yet from my band yet but sooo want to. I have to wait till I qualify for medicare to revise to a sleeve. Right now the insurance I have doesn't cover bariatrics, I think they all should but then I don't get to run the world so they just won't listen to me!kiss

Tri_harder
on 12/29/12 9:30 am

Glad to hear you are considering the sleeve.  I know soooo many people with not so good results from RNYs.  I would do anything for my pyloric valve back!  Tri

MsBatt
on 12/29/12 11:31 am

Well, you CAN get it back, you know. (*grin*) Find yourself a surgeon who does the RNY-to-DS revision.

Tri_harder
on 1/6/13 5:24 am

How in the world can you turn a RNY into a DS?  Would they have to put it together and then cut it apart again?  I don't think anyone in Wisconsin even does a DS as a first surgery....much less a revision.  Any suggestions where I would have to travel to?  thanks, Tri

MsBatt
on 1/8/13 4:57 am

Your best bet would be Dr. Keshishian in CA. And yes, they sew your pouch back to your remnant stomach, then do a Sleeve. It's pretty difficult, so there' aren't a lot of surgeons who do it.

pineview01
on 1/12/13 12:28 pm, edited 1/12/13 12:30 pm - Davison, MI

Isn't one of the DR on the short list from MN?

Found it

Dr. Buchwald, located in Minnesota

Dr. Kemmeter, located in Michigan

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

donna39
on 2/3/13 11:12 am - FL

The DS is a harsh surgery to have after gastri! My Doctor told me If he did it he would have to do it in 2 parts and it's alot to do.

Donna SW- 363   CW- 326  GW- 230              VS 04/25/2013 Dr. M. Jawad

Most Active