GASTRIC SLEVE TO GASTRIC BYPASS ANYONE.

pineview01
on 12/26/12 1:51 pm - Davison, MI

It sounds like you need to get the reports and find out what you really had done to you.  If you have a sleeve as stated you don't have a man made opening. If you have a man made opening than you don't have a sleeve. If it is just a too large sleeve than re-doing the sleeve may work.  If he is going to do what they do at our center and do a "rny after a sleeve"  I'd run.  Our center doesn't do a DS.  So, they just turn the sleeve into a pouch and the rny routing. 

After you find out what you have, talk to a surgeon that does the VSG,  RNY and DS.  Otherwise you aren't being given the best advise, just sold what they sell.

Good luck!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

maxie1
on 12/28/12 7:42 am - PA
RNY on 06/10/13

thanks for the info

susan                                                                                                
Snow Daisy
on 12/30/12 8:49 am - nnn, OK
Hi

Have you decided what you'd like done?

I am very surprised by the answers...I always thought that RNY was gold standard and that the DS was only given to those over and above a certain BMI.

I, like you have had a sleeve that has failed. It was great in the beginning but the restriction only lasted about 6 months then gradually, over the months no restriction at all.

I had to have a scope recently into the stomach via the mouth because I have severe gastritis. My gastroenterologist told me that had I not told him I had a sleeve, he'd never have known. He said my stomach looked normal and large.

My original sleeve was done in England and apparently done with a boogie size 38. I believe that this size is a lot bigger than would be used in the US.

I too am looking for a revision. I wanted a Gastric Bypass but am a bit concerned after reading the responses to your question. I don't want to keep going under the knife. If I am lucky to get a revision, I want it to last.

Good luck...I hope you get what you want.
velma001
on 12/30/12 12:08 pm - Tustin, CA
On December 30, 2012 at 4:49 PM Pacific Time, snowinok wrote:
Hi

Have you decided what you'd like done?

I am very surprised by the answers...I always thought that RNY was gold standard and that the DS was only given to those over and above a certain BMI.

I, like you have had a sleeve that has failed. It was great in the beginning but the restriction only lasted about 6 months then gradually, over the months no restriction at all.

I had to have a scope recently into the stomach via the mouth because I have severe gastritis. My gastroenterologist told me that had I not told him I had a sleeve, he'd never have known. He said my stomach looked normal and large.

My original sleeve was done in England and apparently done with a boogie size 38. I believe that this size is a lot bigger than would be used in the US.

I too am looking for a revision. I wanted a Gastric Bypass but am a bit concerned after reading the responses to your question. I don't want to keep going under the knife. If I am lucky to get a revision, I want it to last.

Good luck...I hope you get what you want.

Gastric sleve has now been the most preferred and options available for the weigh****chers and they now have been quiet far improved and made affordable by many service providers. My niece was in the same dilemma and when she consulted an online forum for the same, he found it quiet fascinating the existing scenario for the sleve has changed quiet a lot and they have also made quiet affordable . So you can look for sites like belite weight and many more for such offerings. 

All the Best for your Sleve.

pineview01
on 12/30/12 12:21 pm, edited 1/8/13 10:00 am - Davison, MI

The US standard is between 32-40 co, your 38 would still be normal here.  My surgeon uses a 34.  The distance they start from the pyloric valve can make a difference, I'm trying to get my surgeon to use me as a Guinea pig and start at 5/6 cm instead of the 10/12 they do now.  It also can make a difference how tight to the boogie they staple/cut.

I would revise to a DS if I had the sleeve and needed to revise.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active