Revision In My Future??? Yes PLEASE!!!! Yay!!!!

Tonya M.
on 12/10/12 10:13 am - Fort Dodge, IA

So I had my consultation today with the P.A. of Surgical Associates, LLP of Grinnell, Iowa.  Her name was Stephanie Noun and she was wonderful to talk to.  Today's visit was mainly supposed to be the start of my 6-month supervised diet that insurance requires to do the revision, which I am definitely okay with doing.  I started one back in July, but didn't stick with it bcuz I had decided to see a surgeon in my city who said he wouldn't have to do that 6-month supervised diet thing and in the end he said he didn't feel comfortable doing my revisions.  Blah!  Anyway, I went back today to this bariatric center of excellence and saw Stephanie, who is also the clinical director of the bariatric board.  I had an EGD done at this facility in June and thats when they found an enlarged stoma/pouch.  However, the surgeon I originally seen there left to be a surgeon at another practice and since then they have recruited two new surgeons. Stephanie asked if I had a preference and I told her no so she paired me up with Dr. Mathew Severidt.  She also asked when was the last time I had seen my primary care for a weigh-in and I told her it was back in Aug..4 months ago.  She told me to get copies of notes from those visits and that she will see me back in Jan 24th and that day I will see her, Dr. Severidt and get another psych eval bc that too is required by my insurance.  So three appointments in one day, which will be good to get all of that out of the way.  She also said bc its been 4 months, that she may try and submit early to insurance, I just have to make sure I make all my appointments from this moment on.  She said I will talk with the surgeon about what revision is best for me.  I am SOOOOOO excited and I beyond happy I didn't just give up on this!  Looks like this REVISION is in my future, something I am incredibly THANKFUL for!!  God Bless that staff and He Blessed my future once again! Prayers of gratitude!!  Just wanted to share the good news with everyone!! :-) 

gorditabonita
on 12/11/12 8:48 am - Springfield, VA
VSG on 01/23/13 with

Good luck! I hope everything falls into place for you soon.

HW - 287 (12/2007); GW - 165; CW - 164....proudly wearing a size 8!On my journey from LapBand to VSG.....LapBand on 12/19/07, LapBand removal on 8/8/12 and sleeve on1/23/13! Consider joining me at Band2Sleeve!( http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Band2Sleeve/)  Friend me on MyFitnessPal too! I'm gorditabonita74.

Tonya M.
on 12/12/12 6:27 am - Fort Dodge, IA

Thank you ms lady! ;)

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/12 4:57 am - WA

Yea, I am so happy for you Tonya, I know how dissapponted you were last summer. I am glad that you didn't take no for an answer and now you will be starting on your new journey. This time with some experience to enhance it. You will do fine. Love to hear about your progress.

Tonya M.
on 12/12/12 6:29 am - Fort Dodge, IA

Yes, I am extremely excited!!  And thanks for thinking of me, I appreciate that.  Ive seen notes from your journey on your profile.  I was put on phentermine too, but this PA (who I just saw) said thats only temporary and really doesnt do much good with gastric bypass patients.  Not from results she's seen anyway.  I hope it works for you tho or you end up getting your revision if that is something you want??  I'll definitely keep you updated!

tammym
on 12/18/12 6:22 am - Portland, OR
Revision on 01/16/12

Congrats on the progress! Hang in there and be patient and it will happen for you!

Remember that even though the Dr. has lots of experience deciding which surgery is appropriate, he has NO experience in being you, so don't be afraid to research all the available options yourself and give them some input. I sure wish I had spoken up when I had my stomach stapled back in 2001. I wanted RNY but was afraid to speak up. I never lost the weight and had to wait over 10 years to get a revision. From the time I applied for the bariatric treatment program (the same one that had denied me 10 years prior,) it took two years to get through all the program and insurance companies hoops to get to the other side! 

I had RNY on 1/06/12 and went from size 22 to size 2 in 10 months. :)

tomtom61
on 12/24/12 11:20 am - jasper, TX

Hi Tonya; i have been trying to get a revision, but i am on medicare and i was told that medicare do not pay for a revision and if you know any info. that i can use to get mine, WILL YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW.......Thomas H.

Tonya M.
on 12/24/12 11:30 am - Fort Dodge, IA
Hey Tom..well to b honest Im not sure how Medicare works. However Ive seen posts in here from ppl saying Medicare will pay for a revision. Basically what I did was call sum surgeons & ask to speak to their insurance dept if possible & ask if they know how it works with Medicare & revisions. The guidelines if any require to whats needed 4 a revision. This is what I did in regards to Medicaid. Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help w/ anything more.

Good luck,
Tonya
jennmomof4
on 12/29/12 3:49 am

Hi Tonya ,

I tried to message you but it was giving me grief. I just had to have my pouch resized on thursday . I had lost 200 lbs 3 yrs ago with gastric , but in the past year started really ganining I found out I had a hernia and extra pouch. anyways I just wanted to give you my email im not on here often if you wanted to go thru this together.,

[email protected]

Tonya M.
on 4/9/13 7:40 pm - Fort Dodge, IA
Hi Jenn,

I still available to talk?
Most Active