Post-op Revision Recovery Time??

Tonya M.
on 12/12/12 4:14 am - Fort Dodge, IA

Can any post-op revision patients share with me how long their recovery time was?  I know everyone is different, but is it similar to the first surgery?  I had RYN first time and am not sure what Im doing revision wise yet.  I will discuss that when I meet with the surgeon next month.  If anyone can just share some information on this..Id appreciate it.  Like how long before you can work out, return to work or school, etc???  Thanks ahead of time!

TamaraL
on 12/16/12 11:05 am

its the same as any WLS.  atleast 2 weeks.  i have seen some have to take off more depending on what they do

Tamara

tammym
on 12/18/12 4:10 am - Portland, OR
Revision on 01/16/12

I have a desk job and I took 2 weeks off. The Dr. advised 6 weeks but I only get two weeks vacation time (and I wasn't comfortable sharing my medical issues with my employer) so I just used my vacation and it worked out pretty good. I'm sure I could have benefited from a longer recovery, but getting right back to a normal routine didn't do any damage. 

Actual physical recovery took months. I was sore and tender for well over 12 weeks. I didn't even exercise until 7 months out. At 11 months post, I'm still not back to a normal diet but tolerating much more stuff than before. It's been very very slow. Even super mild foods like applesauce and potatoes were completely out of the question and would make me very sick if I tried a small bite. 

Most Active