My lap band is OUT!!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/12 1:03 am - calgary, Canada

Lap Band came out on friday.  I had  a pretty miserable weekend ( pain wise) but today am feeling really great!  I was having reservations about having the band taken out - mostly because it was creating feelings of me being a "failure".  However, now  that it is out  I have  not felt this great for almost 20 months.  For the first time,  I can keep food down.   I am realizing now that no matter what ....the band was NOT working for me and it had to come out!

I see the surgeon in 3 weeks and we will discuss options then but I am leaning towards the  sleeve.  I am still considering my options but that seems like it's a good fit for me.  It seems to me that the sleeve does what the band promised it would do ..... offer satiation with small portions ( minus the constant vomiting!).  I think  I have to wait approximately 3 months before any revision can take place but I am happy to be on the road to recovery.  

krista

Hislady
on 12/11/12 6:38 am - Vancouver, WA

Congrats and hooray!!!  Life can only get better from here.

gorditabonita
on 12/11/12 8:43 am - Springfield, VA
VSG on 01/23/13 with

I am so happy that your surgery went well!

HW - 287 (12/2007); GW - 165; CW - 164....proudly wearing a size 8!On my journey from LapBand to VSG.....LapBand on 12/19/07, LapBand removal on 8/8/12 and sleeve on1/23/13! Consider joining me at Band2Sleeve!( http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Band2Sleeve/)  Friend me on MyFitnessPal too! I'm gorditabonita74.

moonchild1968
on 12/15/12 10:26 pm - Tucker, GA

Congrats on getting the band out! I am looking forward to the sweet taste of that freedom.

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/12 10:47 pm - calgary, Canada

Hi Moonchild!

I am assuming that you have the band in and are waiting to have it removed?  Is that going to happen soon for you? 

I have put this off for a long time because I felt like such a "failure" and that I wasn't doing things right but now that it's out  .....I realize that it really just wasn't working for me.  I have actually done a better job with the weightloss since the band came out a week ago than I have been for awhile now.

Now ...to wait and decide on a revision.

:)

MsBatt
on 12/16/12 10:13 am

Your profile says you have a BMI of 62. While I agree that the Sleeve is a much better choice than the Band, you really should consider the DS as well. The DS has the same stomach as the Sleeve, plus an intestinal bypass similar to, but more effective than, that of the RNY/gastric bypass. The DS has the very best long-term, maintained weight-loss stats for patients of any size, but especially so for those of us with a BMI greater than 50. It's also the very best at resolving or preventing co-morbs like diabetes and high cholesterol.

pineview01
on 12/26/12 12:16 pm, edited 12/26/12 12:18 pm - Davison, MI

You might want to check out the failed band group.  I got mine out 9/12, freedom but, the hunger is worst than I remember.  I can't wait to get my sleeve 1/22!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active