Lap Band revision surgery - young family

mandy2888
on 12/10/12 2:31 am - sioux falls, SD
RNY on 04/04/13

Hello-

I am considering trying to get a revision for my Lap Band surgery. I haven't had any serious complications, but i am unable to predict from day to day whether i will have restriction or not. I have no fill right now and there are still days that i throw everything up. I am only starting the journey looking into my options.

Anyways ideally i would get revisioned to the DS procedure, but since my BMI is only at about 37, i am not sure that will be an option (or if any of them will be.) Also not sure if i would find a doctor in South Dakota for that.

My main question is i have a young family (3 year old and 1year old daughters). Can you see yourself having this done with children that young with recovery etc? Everyone is different, but is this something i should put off until we are a little more independent based on your recovery experience?

That is my main question, but if you have any more information or words for the wise- please spill it:)

thanx, mandy

MsBatt
on 12/10/12 7:24 am

If you qualify for WLS, you qualify for a DS. We have several 'lightweights' on the DS board, who had surgery with a BMI around 35. You would have to travel to get a DS surgeon. You can find a list of 'vetted' DS surgeons here: http://www.dsfacts.com

Hislady
on 12/10/12 9:14 am - Vancouver, WA

You may want to post this on the DS forum too. I don't know anything about the DS but do know there is a website dsfacts.com that will have tons of info on the surgery itself. Good luck to you!!

Most Active