Time to revise??

tonnabug
on 12/8/12 1:30 pm - Huntsville, AL
Revision on 04/29/13

Hi all..... it's been a really long time since I have been here!!  My "Band-Life" has not been much to talk about, so I have avoided talking about it!!  I am sick to death of this band!!  I never know when I am going to be able to get something down.  I hate to go out anymore because of the fear I will get sick at the restaurant.  I throw up several times a week!!  I can either eat like a pig or nothing at all!!  So, after 4 years being banded and losing a grand total of 11 pounds - I'm done!!  I don't know when, how, or to what.... but I want a revision.  Anyone on this board done a revision?  What was your experience?

Thanks!!

Tonya

Began journey in 2007 at 312, had Lap band 2008, lost 40 pre-op then 24 post op, regained to 319.  Lost 39# on my own, then revised to VSG 4/29/13 @ 280.

Hislady
on 12/9/12 1:28 pm - Vancouver, WA

So so many you wouldn't believe. It seems about year 2-4 the real bad issues start with horrid reflux and slips and erosions! It concerns me that you are vomiting that often, that isn't a good sign, I hope you can get it checked out soon it can be sykptoms of a slip so don't wait too long.

smileyjamie72
on 12/11/12 3:39 am - Palmer, AK

There are several successful band to sleeve and band to DS revisions out there!!!  It CAN be done!!!  Please ask on both of the surgery specific message boards, you should get LOTS of great feedback!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

moonchild1968
on 12/15/12 10:16 pm - Tucker, GA

Hi, Tonya.

I can relate to some of your story. I was banded Oct. 2007.  I lost 60 wonderful pounds, initially.  Then, I stalled. I would get filled and unfilled,...filled, then unfilled. I never found the proverbial "sweet spot".  My weight loss came from not being able to eat, NOT from being able to eat the right foods or even just less of the wrong foods.  As you say, I could either eat like a pig or nothing at all!     In the morning, my band would be too tight for coffee, but at dinner I could eat two plates of food. Throughout the day, I ate very cautiously. I never knew what would stay down or when I'd go running off to the nearest bathroom. Lunch dates at work were a joke. A 300lb woman who only eats 2-3 bites of food and has to get a doggy bag every time, REALLY?

Still, I didn't want to give up my band.     Who wants surgery after surgery for the same darn problem? I wanted it to work for me, too. The weight kept creeping back up, while I prayed for a good fill that would reverse my downward slide. Today, I am 6-7 pounds heavier than my pre-surgery weight.   Like you, I had to finally take the blinders off and accept that the band and I do not work well together.  I came back here-to the boards and started lurking around and researching revisions.

On Friday 12-14, I got approved for a revision to a sleeve.  I'm nervous and praying that this all makes sense and that the sleeve will be as they say, "everything the band was supposed to be:". 

I hope your replies are plentiful here.  Older posts have been helpful, too.

All the best,

Shante'

pineview01
on 12/26/12 12:12 pm - Davison, MI

You need to check out the failed band group.  There are almost as many members there as joined the grad boards

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active