I'm having revision surgery with Dr. Buchwald tomorrow morning from RNY to distal RNY

Becky12345
on 12/3/12 4:00 am, edited 12/3/12 4:14 am

I went to him to get a revision to a DS from my original RNY.  He convinced me instead to get a distal, or long limbed, RNY instead.  He said his success rates with both were equal, with the distal having a slightly lower risk rate.  He also said my weight (250ish at 5'6) wasn't enough to go with a DS. 

It's been 2 hours since I've swallowed the magnesium citrate and I haven't had any results yet.

I guess I'm kind of nervous.  Surgery is at 9:00 am.

moonchild1968
on 12/3/12 10:38 am - Tucker, GA

Nervous is normal.  I mean, it IS surgery.  You should feel good knowing your doctor is experienced and confident about his success rate. Have a successful and safe surgery tomorrow.  Peace and blessings.

Ada M.
on 12/3/12 10:34 pm
Revision on 11/26/12

Good luck today!  I had the same thing done last week and I'm feeling pretty good so far.  Losing a pound everyday.  Keep us posted!

MsBatt
on 12/5/12 3:42 am

Be sure you stay on top of your vitamins and get regular bloodwork. The distal RNY has even more vitamin issues than the DS.

Becky12345
on 12/13/12 1:49 am, edited 12/13/12 1:49 am

Had a dr.'s appt. yesterday morning.  Turns out I have gained 2/10 of a pound!  So 8 days after surgery, I'm not losing, I'm gaining. agghh!  The surgery and recovery have been more difficult this time around, although I remember the slow weight loss in the beginning.  Very frustrating.

Most Active