Revision-One Week out! Helloooo!

Ada M.
on 12/2/12 2:49 am
Revision on 11/26/12

Hello everyone,

I have been lurking for awhile and read alot of information on everyones different experiences with different surgeries.  I decided 3 months ago that I would do the rny-to-rny distal.  I had the surgery last week and its been an amazing journey,  My surgeon is Dr. Frantzides and he has become my main fan and supporter.  From consultation to procedure he has been hands on.

Tomorrow will be a week since surgery and at consultation I weighed 246.  At surgery: 240 and currently I'm 229.  So I'm down 17lbs and very happy.  The pain is minimal compared to the first time around and I was off the meds a day after I got home.  I'm still on liquids and at the end of this week will transition to softs.  Although people says its slower the second time around, I personally am expecting the best and will work towards good steady numbers.  It's so exciting to see the scale finally going the other way.

I'll try my best to continue to keep you updated.  I've joined another group of ladies who are all about exercise which is what I want to become a habit for me as well.  I intend to use this second chance to the fullest.

Pray for me! And thank you for reading.

Ada

CSerwalt
on 12/2/12 4:01 am - Philadelphia, PA
DS on 11/28/12
Wow lol I'm jelous, I just got home today had surgery this past wednesday, pain was ten times worse then my orginal. I had gastric bypass rny laporscopic backing august off 2009, long story short it failed me. So I had a revision from rny too a duodenal swith (ds) on wednesday iso was open. I can barely move still. My surgeon also removed my appendix, and did a liver biopsy I alreasy had my gallbladder out or he woulda removed that too.

It seriously felt like there was an elephant sitting on my stomach it was horrible.

Did ur surgeon do it laporscopic again?
Ada M.
on 12/2/12 4:20 am
Revision on 11/26/12

Oh yes! I saw your post about the liquid diet and was looking forward to you updating us. Gosh, having done it "open" does leave you in worse shape.  So sorry. :(    Mine was done laprascopically again, so perhaps thats why the pain is not so bad. 

Girl, just take it one day at a time.  Each day is better than the last and don't skimp on the pain meds! I'm so excited for you!

The journey has re-begun...

Tonya M.
on 12/2/12 5:23 am - Fort Dodge, IA

Congrats on your success!!  What great inspiration! :)

Tonya M.
on 12/2/12 5:24 am - Fort Dodge, IA

Congrats on your success!!  What an inspiration! :)

Ada M.
on 12/2/12 1:04 pm
Revision on 11/26/12

Thank you Tonya!!  Its very gratifying as well as encouraging.

Minnie-Me_Kiki
on 12/5/12 1:56 pm - Salisbury, MA
Congrats Ada! Keep up the good work! Could you explain the difference between RNY and RNY distal?

smileyjamie72
on 1/26/13 6:14 am - Palmer, AK

Please take a look at this post.....

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/4087376/Cross-Post-from-DS-Forum-Input-Appreciated/#33300321

There is a reply there from Dr. Keshishian, and a link to a very good piece of information.  My suggestion would be to take a look.

If you follow that, you will have your answer, in words and pictures.

Basically, it is the worst of both worlds.  You have a pouch, and so much mal-absorption that you face a greater possibility of this procedure needing to be revised or reversed.

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

charm_n_ladi
on 12/6/12 5:14 am - Atlanta, GA

Great!!!  I had the same surgery you did on 11/30.  I was actually 6lbs heavier after my surgery from all the iv fluids I guess and the drain.  I got the drain removes yesterday and and feel so much better.  I did lose the 6lbs plus 4lbs for a total of 10lbs.  I am hoping like you that the number continue to come down.  I lost 230lbs the 1st time in '02 (from 386) and at my 2nd surgery I was 257. I'll keep looking foe your post for encouragement.  Thanks for your post.

Ada M.
on 12/6/12 6:45 am
Revision on 11/26/12

Thats wonderful!!  I'm so glad the swelling and fluids are more under control.  With all that going on, its easy to get a false picture of whats actually going on with your body.  But you are really on your way!  You would never have lost 10lbs in one week pre-op, so its very encouraging.

I actually didn't go home with a drain and I just did my 1 week post-op with my doctor.  I'm down 20 lbs from my consult weight and was just given the green light to go to softs.  I had my first bit of pudding and its waaaaay to sweet, especially with that sweetener they put in it.  But I'm not complaining.

I too am looking forward to your updates.  We can do it!!

Most Active