Attention: Post-op Revision patients

Tonya M.
on 11/30/12 12:26 pm - Fort Dodge, IA

Hey Revision Room,

I haven't been in here for about 3 months because the last times I looked into getting a revision I was pretty much told no by one doctor and then by another one that I would need to do another 6 month supervised diet.  Well, I am going to give this another try because I don't want to give up.  Anyway, my question is (and this is more geared toward POST-OP revision patients):  What kind of results did you get post-revision surgery weight-wise?  Yes, I know all about the "you don't lose as much as the first surgery" blah blah blah..lol..I'm not looking to hear that, I am just interested in what kind of results you received rather they were 3 months post op or a year..or less..whatever you care to share is fine with me! Also, any kind of surgery you had is irrelevant, just trying to get an idea or some peoples experiences.  Thanks ahead of time!  Also, what is recovery like?  Same amount of pain, same time til you can get in the gym, back to work..stuff like that?   THANKS A HEAD OF TIME!!  :-)

pineview01
on 12/1/12 12:16 pm - Davison, MI

Which surgery are you going from and to?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Tonya M.
on 12/2/12 5:19 am - Fort Dodge, IA

I'm not sure exactly.  I was thinking of having my original surgery RYN revised to just that..ya know..tighten my stoma or whatever..but the more I research the more I am not sure.  The bariatric center where I have my appointment next Monday does do revisions and does offer the sleeve which interests me.  Long story short, I am going back to the first bariatric center I visited when I first started this revision inquiry over the summer.  I went there, had an EGD done which they sound my stoma/pouch had stretched considerably...well due to insurance things, I was told I will most likely have to do another 6 month sup diet..so then I visited another surgeon (in my city) and he wasnt comfortable doing the revision since he said he found nothing wrong with me and put me on phentermine.  Well, I decided to call this clinic again and got an appointment set up for next Monday.  The surgeon I originally had my consultation with (at this clinic) is no longer there..strange..but anyway, so I'm meeting with that gal to talk about revision next Monday and to start a 6-month sup diet just in case.  So we'll see.  If I have to do that, I will.  I am in absolute NEED of this revision..so here goes another try!  Sorry..not such a short story after all! lol  How is your revision journey going?

Ada M.
on 12/2/12 2:52 am
Revision on 11/26/12

Hello there,

I know you wanted to hear about 3 months or longer but Im so excited with my current results that I wanted to chime in.  I'm one week out.  RNY to Distal.  I've lost 17lbs thus far.  YAY ME!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/12 12:46 am - WA

I'm so jealous of all of you..... not really, yes I am. jk, no I'm not. But happy for you.

Most Active