Any positive experience w/ the overstitch procedure

charm_n_ladi
on 11/25/12 12:12 am - Atlanta, GA

I would really like to hear from someone who has had success with the overstitch procedure.  I know a lot of people on this site are very insightful but there are also a lot of negative feedback.  I would like to know if you had success, please tell me how it worked for you.  My beginning weight in 04 was 386.  At my smallest I was 157 (too small for me, I'm 5'8) I am now 260 and want to lose 60-70lbs. There has to be someone that had success with this because they are still offering it as an option.  Please share your experience with me.

ttrina50
on 12/2/12 8:19 am

i'm getting ready to have overstitch like you with the same surgeon please keep me inform and good luck

charm_n_ladi
on 12/6/12 5:24 am - Atlanta, GA

Hi, well I had the revision and it went well.  Instead of the overstitch, it was actually the RNY to RNY procedure.  Since performing the overstitch, they were not seeing the results from patients they wanted and started doing this one.  I gained a lot of water weight while in the hospital and I think the drain also make you retain some as well.  Anyway, it'll be a week on 12/07 and so far I've lost about 4lbs (not including the water weight I gained in the hospital--6lbs) I originally lost 230lbs from 386 and gain 100 of it back.  So at surgery I weighed 257lbs.  I am hoping to get on track and lose at least 60 to 70 lbs.  At 5'8, 157lbs was wayyy tooo small for me.  But keep me posted, I'd love to keep in touch since we have the same surgeon. 

ttrina50
on 12/6/12 12:02 pm

i will do that

julianaXSM
on 1/19/13 12:00 pm

I would love an update from you : ) and if you wouldn't mind explaining to me what your procedure was? Thanks

J

julianaXSM
on 1/12/13 11:42 am

He there, original GB in 1996 I was 220 to start I am 5'7. I got down to 140- over the years I have gained and ended up around 178-180- I'm super unhappy with this as I have been able to maintain my weight pretty good for several years and it's all been gaining since I turned 40. I had the overstitch on 11/20/12 I have lost 8lbs. I am disappointed and wi**** was more dramatic. I do think that my stoma is helping me feel full for longer and that is a very positive change. I think it will help me to keep weight off that I lose which was a problem prior. I do wish however, that my pouch was more restrictive. I went back to the basics and stopped drinking diet coke and drinking with my meals. I do think that these practices help but I so wish I could have a more restrictive pouch so that I could lose more weight. : ( is it worth it? it's hard to say...I had to pay out of pocket so it was hard and not to have the results I was hoping for is a bummer. I am realistic, I did not think it would be like my original surgery, I just hoped for more than it is.

Best of luck to you,

Juliana

Most Active