Swelled soft palate and uvula

caw1961
on 11/15/12 8:38 pm

Hi everyone,    Just got home yesterday evening .  I had my lap band of 7 years taken out and the  RNY done. I was in surgery for 4 hours an recovery for 2 hours. My surgery date was Nov 12th.

1. Has anyone had a swelled soft palete and uvula?

2.  I can hardly ge****er down, but soup goes well. Anyone experience this?

3. Any tipa will be appreciated.   Thank You,

Cheryl

Stephanie M.
on 11/16/12 1:34 am

Did you call your doctor?  

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Hislady
on 11/16/12 8:32 am - Vancouver, WA

You should call and ask your surgeon but it may just be from the tube they put down your throat during surgery. The warm soup may relax it making it easier to go down. If it's not better in a few days do be sure to contact your surgeon again.

pineview01
on 11/16/12 12:43 pm - Davison, MI

Like the others said.  Try warm and than try cool and see what feels good.

The water issue is most like from trauma from having the band removed and the RNY in one suergery.  This is much harder on you than getting the band out and waiting for the second surgery.  I was upset when I was told I had to wait in between.  I am finding my surgeon is right as those here doing it in one have more issues. 

Good Luck with your RNY.  Wishing you a safe and healthy recovery and weight loss.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

dcsabrina
on 11/16/12 10:34 pm - MD

My anesthesiologist said this could happen.  After I whined to him about how much throat pain I had after my band placement surgery, he promised to be extra careful with me so this time I had very little pain, but he did tell me that at least with the sleeve they have a number of tools they insert through the airway to measure the new sleeve, etc. so some throat/mouth trauma isn't at all uncommon.  However, if it doesn't go away after a few days, or seems to be getting worse rather than better, def call the doc! 

Lap band July 2008, revised to VSG November 2012.

Most Active