Help.....so frustrated.....had rny on November 3, 1999 went from 324 to 160 pounds,...

smileyjamie72
on 11/13/12 9:04 am - Palmer, AK

Corbin,

I do not know which doctor you went to, but you WERE LIED TO!!!!!  Get a 2nd opinion, with a doc who does ALL revisions!!!!!!!!!!

You owe yourself that much!!!!!!  Please STOP blaming yourself!!!!

FIGHT for what YOU want!!!!

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

beanybaby
on 11/13/12 2:29 pm, edited 11/13/12 2:29 pm

Hey Corbin, like Smiley said, you were not told the truth. A pouch CAN be fixed back into a stomach and the sleeve then made (which is also the stomach with the DS, which is the most successful of the surgeries) but there are only a handful of surgeons that have the skill to do it. 

Allen Y.
on 11/13/12 3:02 am - Garland, TX

I had a VBG in 2002 and went from 581 LBS to about 216. Then over the years I slowly put it back on till I reached 561 lbs. In March of this year I had revision from VBG to RNY.

I really think us regainers need to seek not just medical help but counseling also. I know this time out I will always from this point on weigh myself at least weekly and never allow more than a 5 lb gain if at all possible. Certainly not more than 25.

As for your issue. They can certainly go in and revise your RNY to be more distal. But this will make your vitamin issues even worse.  

Life is hard and is not even close to fair. But your attitude can make a hell of heaven or a heaven of hell. I know you don't even want to go out of the house, but that is exactly what you need to do. Just like the cowboy that got bucked off the horse, dust yourself off and get back on. Start by walking to the edge of your yard. Build up to walking to the nearest stop sign. Increase your activity and write down every single thing you eat or drink. Take your food journal to your NUT and FORCE your nut to review it and give you advice.

I will pray for you, you should also pray for yourself if you are a spiritual person. Don't feel like you are unique in anyway or a failure with your weight. A great many of us regain and the primary problem I think is between our ears and that is not where the surgeon cuts on us. We have to make a mental change in our expectations and make goals that we strive to keep. 

annamarie1969
on 11/14/12 12:11 am - deltona, FL

Dear Allen....thank u for your letter and your honesty.  I appreciate both. You are very right sometimes it is more in our heads opossed to other issues. I am today just sitting back after forcing myself to clean today and thinking I have to push myself with exercise like i do to cook, clean , shop, etc.....it is so easy but i made it so complicated over the years,  I have gotten a terrible back lash from my family for gaining so much weight. I think I will seek out support from the staple club nea me and try every effort known to man to get this revision.  I do see a counselor but like every 3 months...nowhere near how frequently as I should. i am very proud of u losing weight .....and yes I am very much in love with the fact that the Lord is my number one.  I am going to try and MINDSHIFT back to a more positive outlook. This site and all of the people here are just the best....I couldn't begin this fight without all of u and your letters,emails and pics. Thank u all so much.Anna : )

hottoddy
on 12/3/12 6:20 pm
Dear Annamarie I am experiencing all of the exact systems your experiencing after weight loss surgery in 2007, I weighed 275 before surgery and lost down to 190 assize 12/14 which was the perfect size I was aiming for. I am now up to 240 pounds and wear. 18/20 and miserable, I will be seeking a revision and making an appointment to visit a surgeon who will accommodate me. This time around will be careful n what I consume and include more excise in my weight loss success. I thought once I had the surgery that m stomach was shrunken for life a misconception on my part, things will certainly be different the second time around.
Most Active