? can someone please walk me through.....

sfnativewm
on 11/7/12 2:53 am

exactly what happens when revision from band to sleeve is done.   I am a big baby and if I have to have revision, not sure yet I want to know what happens before during and after..............also how much time from work is needed?

I go in on the 30th regarding my band after my dr meets with my surgeon.

Thank you everyone!

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

Hislady
on 11/7/12 5:48 am - Vancouver, WA

If you haven't already cross posted on the sleeve forum do so, they are awesome folks and someone can tell you exactly what happens. I do know the first month can be really rough for some but then again others sail right thru. It is a longer recovery than the band but everyone says after the first month they tend to love their new sleeves. Good luck!!

sfnativewm
on 11/7/12 8:59 am

Thank you so much for being you!!!  you are always so very helpful!!!

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

Hislady
on 11/8/12 5:34 am - Vancouver, WA

Awww shucks thank you!

pineview01
on 11/8/12 9:53 am, edited 12/1/12 12:12 pm - Davison, MI

HisLady haunts many boards and knows where all the bones lie.sad

My surgeon took the band out and lets the stomach heal for several months before doing the sleeve. 

Also there is a brand new group "band to sleeve".  It was started with so many losing bands and choosing sleeve.

Just join, it may take a day or two before she sees you and excepts you just keep checking. 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Band2Sleeve/

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

BrendaR1965
on 11/30/12 6:59 am, edited 11/30/12 7:00 am - OH
VSG on 10/23/12

i went from lap band to sleeve..(lap band removed July 25TH,  SLEEVE done October 23rd)...they did my surgery in 2 steps, only because insurance didnt approve the sleeve at first, it wasnt covered as an approved surgery. lap band removal went smooth...then in October, had sleeve done.  it was performed just like the lap band, same cuts.  i was really sick right after the surgery which is a given due to the stomach being cut, was sent home 2 days later. i only took pain med the first night home to help me get comfortable to sleep other than that didnt touch it.  it took me about 2 weeks to feel good but i still took 4 weeks off to get adjusted to my new eating style.  revising to a sleeve was the best decision i have made.  you will do awesome.   congratulations on your revision

Most Active