Home from my revision/internal hernia surgery!

kisha
on 10/28/12 12:21 am

What a week this has been....I was admitted in the hospital for surgery last Thursday (which was suppose to be a next day discharge) and was discharged 6 days later....My wls said that when he put the laparoscopes in, he couldn't see anything because my intestines were so swollen. So he had to open me up (old school way) and found that I had a huge bowel adhesion, an internal hernia, my pouch was stretched as well. So he repaired all of that (he re-tighten my RNY) along wit an appendectomy. Now I'm back to eating/drinking only 2 ounces and losing inches rapidly...I haven't weighed myself as of yet...I want to wait for my 1 week checkup on Tuesday when I get my staples out. So now I know this is my chance to lose the remaining 80-100 pounds and this was only a TOOL to help me get there....Exercise MUST be a daily regimen in my life and I have to handle my protein like a woman!!!!!  Wish me luck!!!!

Will I ever get to my goal weight!!!            

kisha
on 10/28/12 12:27 am

I forgot to mention....the nausea was horrific!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!devilThe pain was ....OMG!!!!!.....Morphine did not do anything!!!!! They had to give me zophran, phenergan, and Toradol thru the IV. I think I cried and prayed the entire time too....Also they did anti-coagulation therapy for 5 days also....

Hislady
on 10/28/12 6:47 am - Vancouver, WA

WOW you sure put your surgeon to the test huh? Glad to see you are healing and improving. Sounds like you really went thru the wringer! You should be a whole new person now!

kisha
on 10/28/12 7:30 am
Lol.....I think he wasn't expecting all that either......my insurance company too......but he was kind and caring like he always have been......new person???? I am the same inside but I'm started to transition on the outside!

pineview01
on 10/28/12 7:22 am - Davison, MI

Sorry to hear what a time you had with it.  But, this time your head is right and you realize you have a second chance at a tool to help you.  You know you have to work hard to get that weight off in the time frame this revision has given you.  Wishing you a safe and healthy weight loss.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

kisha
on 10/28/12 7:32 am
You r right! I am fighting to get this weight off in 6 months or less! Thank you for the well wishes.....

Most Active