MULTIPLE REVISIONS???

Hondurian Queen
on 10/22/12 10:30 pm - BOSTON, MA
IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO HAS MORE THEN ONE4 REVISION SURGERY LIKE MYSELF?  ALSO i AM 4 YEARS OUT FROM HAVING THE RNY AND I AM UNABLE TO LOSE THIS LAST 30 LBS I HAVE GAINED BACK I HAVE TRIED THE 5 DAY POUCH TEST AND THAT IS NOT WORKING AND EXERCISE ISNT WORKING HAVE I STRETCHED MY POUCH IS THERE NOTHING THAT CAN BE DONE TO FIX THIS?
MsBatt
on 10/23/12 4:47 am
Yes, there are people who've had multiple revisions, but I highly doubt you're going to find a qualified surgeon willing to revise you for only 30 pounds.

Here are the facts: MOST people who have WLS do NOT lose and maintain a loss of 100% of their excess weight. Maybe it's just time to concentrate on your health and happiness, and forget about the numbers on the scale.
(deactivated member)
on 10/23/12 5:34 am - WA
Ms Batt is right, a doctor to give you a revision for 30lbs is going to be rare. You might find one who will give you the rose proceedure but from posts it doesn't seem to work. But you be the judge. So if the chances are that you will not be able to get a revision lets try another approach.

How many calories are you eating? How many are simple carbs? How much do you excercise? What type is it?
(deactivated member)
on 10/23/12 8:08 am - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
If you want to revise strictly for 30 pounds, it's going to be an uphill battle.

If you are in physical distress of some sort from the RnY, you may have some luck.  Or if you have another health issue which would benefit from the revision. 

If it's strictly 30 pound regain, consult your nut and surgeon about diet and exercise adjustments that might aid weight loss.
Tri_harder
on 11/12/12 5:25 am, edited 11/12/12 5:27 am

1. diet and exercise (lost 110 lbs)

2. RNY (lost 7 new lbs. and made my life much, much worse)

3. Restore trial (no new weight loss) I was perforated and ended up in the hospital for 4 nights of no food, water and tons of IV antibiotics.

4.  I am meeting with psychologist, therapist, dietitian and a very experienced surgeon. (I am trying to relose and reach goal)

So that makes 3 attempts and going on 4.  I am hoping the diet and therapy will work.  Time will tell.  Tri

Most Active