Lap Band to....???

chimeraboo
on 10/15/12 9:24 am - Raleigh, NC
Revision on 10/10/14
I am in the process of getting the ball rolling to get a revision from the Lap Band to another surgery.  I'm not sure what this surgery should be....I know its not going to be the sleeve because I am convinced that I need the malabsorption to lose weight.  I lost maybe 40lb with the lap band and gained it all back and 20lbs of the 40 was lost on the liquid diet in the very beginning.  I had to work my a$$ off to get the other 20 off and I mean in the gym every day for hours on end.  Anyways, I don't want to fail again.  I don't desire to be a twig but I do desire to lose at least 75-100 lbs.  Have any of you had a revision to a gastric bypass?  How is that going for you?  The duodenal switch is an option but I am concerned about how well I will able to bounce back from this, and the potential complications.  Which surgery should I get?  I keep flip flopping the two in my mind.
Sherrie P.
on 10/15/12 12:42 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

Most will tell you the switch is better for long term weight loss.
If you only have 100 pounds to lose, your insurance may not pay for it. Many consider a BMI of 50 to be the min for DS.
I have the band and am in the process of appealing my denial for revision to gastric bypass.
Good luck.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Hislady
on 10/15/12 1:59 pm - Vancouver, WA
From all my reading over the last 4 years I think the DS is probably the best surgery if you need malabsorbtion. With the RNY they tend to regain after a few years when the malabsorbtion fades. With the DS it seem to continue longer take a look at dsfacts.com it should help you make a decision, good luck to you.
Most Active