Trying not to gain more weight before my revision, so hard

CSerwalt
on 10/13/12 4:15 am - Philadelphia, PA
DS on 11/28/12
1pm on a Saturday afternoon and I just had an onion bagel with cream cheese, and feel fine... Though I shouldn't, I'm able to,...darn large pouch! Sucks sometimes seeing all the posts from RNY's that eat so very little, I'm jealous. My surgery failed so bad, I failed so bad. I know I'm having my revision, and hope this time around I dont have complications. I want to be able to say I'm a success.

Congrats to all the newbies, its awesome this tool that has been given to you. my advice to everyone, always stick to your diet, never break the rules, its so easy to mess up this tool you have been given.

I'm trying so hard not to over eat now, but when your able to eat that cheesesteak, and fries...its hard not to.
MsBatt
on 10/13/12 10:17 am
An entire bagel, or a half of a bagel? I'm a 9-year post-op DSer, and a half-bagel fills me up. If you can eat a whole bagel, your pouch IS seriously too big---so stop beating yourself up!!!

What sort of revison are you having? Have you considered revising to a DS? I know it's a much harder revision to get, but it's a much easier revision for the patient.
CSerwalt
on 10/23/12 10:01 pm - Philadelphia, PA
DS on 11/28/12
Hey msbatt, sorry for the delay in response. Been so busy. But yes entire bagel, shortly after I had two toaster scrambles (pilsbury pastries) my surgeon said I have a very large pouch. Im only 3 years out from RNY. my stoma is also stretched I have no dumping unless its sugers even then I don't throw up. I can eat a lot!

I am revising to a DS, my surgery is november 28th. With Dr. David Greenbaum
letskeepit100
on 10/16/12 12:15 pm
Hi what is your revision going to consist of?
CSerwalt
on 10/23/12 10:02 pm - Philadelphia, PA
DS on 11/28/12
I'm revising from RNY to DS in 11/28th/2012
pineview01
on 10/16/12 4:13 pm - Davison, MI
I fell you!  I had my band out 9/4 and haven't gotten approval for a conversion yet.  Not sure if or when that will happen.  Trying hard not to gain but, am up almost 10 pounds.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

CSerwalt
on 10/23/12 10:11 pm - Philadelphia, PA
DS on 11/28/12
Its hard we have had these surgeries for a good reason. I was almost 400 lbs back in 2002 when I was prego wit my daughter. I'm far from where I was but I never ever wanna be there again.
Most Active