Rev from Lapband to Gastric Sleeve? What R UR results?

db82359
on 10/12/12 6:54 pm - KY
I'm getting ready for revision from Lapband to the Gastric Sleeve but am having doubts about it being successful either.  I'm insulin (pump) dependant type I Diabetic with PAD; GERD; High blood pressure/Cholestorol; Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea; bad back problems, etc.  On 10 different medications.  Lost only 30 lbs of the 120 I needed to lose when it just wouldn't work anymore.  Ended up with too tight a band & esophogitis for the last 2 years.  Was only eating between 300 - 800 calories /day but vomiting everything +  white froth & still no weight loss!  Went back to my surgeon finally in 11/11 and started to talk about possible revision if we couldn't get band to work for me.  Well it has been decided to try a revision to sleeve now.  I would like to hear about anybody else with same med problems that revised & are having great success with sleeve so I don't feel like this may be waste of surgery for me? I have a lot against me.  Of course I have gained back almost all my weight since they did remove most of fluid in my band in 11/11.

Would love to think this surgery will work for me this time so need to hear some encouragement from other insulin dependant diabetics please?
Thanks!  
pineview01
on 10/14/12 3:12 pm - Davison, MI
I would love to know too!  Have you posted on the VSG boards?  There are a lot of Band to VSG on the VSG boards and they seem to be happy campers.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

db82359
on 10/17/12 8:28 pm - KY
Sure have!  But only receiving posts about switching from band to sleeve & really nobody is diabetic, insulin dependant, or on any meds like me.  These are mostly the walls that I have that are keeping my WLS from working correctly & is what I want to see if working for others in my situation.  I've been told that plenty of type II diabetics have had WLS done but am not seeing of them posting with their stats even...

I've posted on 3 forums on this website to hit them all but still nothing?
Thanks for posting!!  Good Luck!
pineview01
on 10/18/12 6:24 am - Davison, MI

Try going to the sleeve board and type in type II diabetic, insulin and such and see if you get hits from farther back.  Do the same here

Hope you can find the info you need.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active