What Revision is best when struggling with Iron and Vitamin Deficiencies

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/12 11:56 am - Wendell, NC
This  is  encouraging. Thanks  for  your  help. 
clpeltz
on 10/1/12 8:41 am
On September 29, 2012 at 9:26 PM Pacific Time, 3jsmom wrote:
  I  am  seeking  a  revision ,I  had  the  RNY in  2009. I  am  a  candidate, My  Dr. suggested  the  DS  or  the  sleeve. With  the  amount of  weight I  have  to  lose  the DS would work  best  he  suggests,however from early after the  surgery I  have  struggled  with  vitamin and  iron deficiencies . I  take  an iron  infusions  regularly  and  prescription  Vitamin  D along  with  the  B-12  shot  for  the  past  3  years . I  would  like  the  DS  however  he  says  this  will  not  work  for  me  because of  these  reasons. He said  the  sleeve would  work  best with  my  problems.  Is  there anyone  who has  suffered  with  these  issues  that  have  had  a  revision and  if  so  what did you revise to?
Prescription D is useless.  You need to get Vitalady dry d3 50,000 unit pills.  You can get them from vitalady.com or from amazon.  It is made from BioTech.  You can search biotech dry d3 50 to find it on amazon.  What is your current D level?  Make sure you read everything on dsfacts.com to get a true understanding of DS life post op.  It is very different from post op RNY life.  I am a RNY to DS revision and it was the best thing I have ever done.  You will most likely need to continue iron infusions on a regular basis.  I get an infusion about once a year. 

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/12 11:56 am - Wendell, NC
Wow  Everyone  is  saying  this  about  precription  D! Why  would  my  Dr. even  prescribe  this  to  me ? Do  you  know  if  the  gummies  OTC   are any  good they  are  2000 which  I  take 5  twice a  day in  addition  to my  precription  Vit. D   ? 
clpeltz
on 10/3/12 12:08 pm
No...they are not enough and probably not the right kind of D.  You need to be taking DRY D3.  As I said before, vitalady dry d3 50 or you can get it on amazon under Biotech.  You need to be taking 50,000 units per day until you get your numbers up.  Some need to take more than that.  I take 100,000 units per day.  You would be spending ALOT of money on those gummies to get 100,000 per day.  And the prescription D is useless. Don't take it....you are just wasting your time.  As for why a Dr. would prescribe it....well, they are Dr's and think they know everything and a lot of them are resistant to learning new things that prove them wrong.  They do not live the WLS that we choose.  We need to be advocates for our bodies and health.  It is mind boggling that the medical community is so clueless about some things.  Hopefully someday soon they will finally get it....until then, we can rely on the ones that have 'been there, done that' and can share their journeys and what has worked for them. 

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

Mz_Pretty
on 10/10/12 6:00 am - Kansas City, MO
Revision on 06/25/13

This is very interesting to read and I'm glad I came across this I'm sure no one ever told me what vitamins and such I need to take I always have low iron & low blood levels and I'm anemic, the dr suggested revision to RNY i was wondering is that even possible if I already have issues with low iron and blood count issues, if I do decide to do a revision I'm hoping they can tell me what I NEED to take I have no problem taking pills if it means life or death I have kids to live for!

Most Active