Revison soon but very nervous

charm_n_ladi
on 9/22/12 5:58 am - Atlanta, GA
Hello group I've been lurking around and sometimes answering some posts but now it's my turn.  I am going to have a revison soon.  I had my RNY surgery in '04 and at my heaviest I was 386. At my smallest I was 156.  That was extremely to small for me.  I am most comfortable at a 190-195.  I am 5'8 so a size 12 is small enough.  However I am currently 250lbs and have had 2 scolera therapy and neither worked well.  i have gotten my surgery date but I am so nervous about having the revision.  It's not going to be a "true" revision.  they are going to go in and tighen the area that has become stretch and will not do any further rerouting.  This will be less evasive and require less down time.  I know it won't give me the exact results from the orginal surgery but I guess I need reasurrence from those who have had it.  I did abuse my tool but I know now the result of that.
southern_diva
on 9/22/12 8:33 am - Hopkinsville, KY
 Dear Charm,

May I ask where you are getting your revision surgery and what type of revision procedure are you having?  Also, did you get insurance approval to cover the procedure; if not, approximately how much is it going to cost?

Thanx
MsBatt
on 9/22/12 7:46 pm
On September 22, 2012 at 8:33 AM Pacific Time, southern_diva wrote:
 Dear Charm,

May I ask where you are getting your revision surgery and what type of revision procedure are you having?  Also, did you get insurance approval to cover the procedure; if not, approximately how much is it going to cost?

Thanx
Southern Diva, what form of WLS do you have now? Given the BMI on your profile, I sttrongly urge you to research getting a revision to the DS. The DS has the very best long-term, maintained weight-loss stats for patients of any size, but this is especially true for those of us with a BMI greatr than 50. It's als the best at rresolving or preventing co-morbs like diabetes and high cholesterol.
pineview01
on 9/22/12 8:31 pm - Davison, MI
There are several here that are doing rny to rny revision.  Just read down and do a search you should get many results.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/12 6:24 am
Sorry this a newbie question but what exactly is a RNY to RNY revision? What do they do to the existing pouch and intestines that would benefit the person so that they can lose more weight or the weight that they regained? Thanks in advance
pineview01
on 9/25/12 1:14 am - Davison, MI
They can resize the pouch and stoma.  They can change where/how the intestines are configured, distal/proxal.  I've read of several different ways here.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

charm_n_ladi
on 9/23/12 8:51 am, edited 9/22/12 9:12 pm - Atlanta, GA
Thanks for the replies, let me see if I can answer your questions. I had the RNY laproscopic gastric bypass. My dr is going to tighten my stoma. My BMI is 38 and ins has already been approved. I'll probably have my surgery within the next 2-3 wks.
Most Active