Looking into revision from a VBG...

jennyrenny
on 9/25/12 1:52 am - Canada
DS on 08/11/12
if you're going to have a DS you want a vetter surgeon. Go to DSfacts.com where they have a list and that will narrow things down considerably. Also, I can share my amazing experience in Mexico with you. Just look at some of my old posts or PM me.

HW: 365, SW (August 11, 2012): 351

godzilla
on 9/25/12 1:57 am - Israel
Okay, I had SRVG in 1992;VBG in 2001 -both Open.
I developed narrowing of the esophagus inside to 4mm and then severe GERD.
In February 2008 I was revised to RnY after seeing five surgeons throughout Israel where I live.
If we had the "permanent" Ring/Band, our options for surgery revisions are limited as our "plumbing" re-routing is very different than the Lap-Band.
My only option at that time was RnY and Open.
Nowadays in Israel has changed in medical technologies and options have opened up more than ever before.
I am five feet tall and my highest weight was 270lbs giving me a bmi of 51.
I never lost all the weight and developed anemia.
Lost and gained weight... Went in to RnY weighing 229lbs.
I lost some of the weight but not enough yet due to hanging skin and Appeals I fought for two plastic surgeries via my HMO (that here in Israel is similar to the NHS). In my tummy tuck I went in weighing 182.6lbs and 7lb were removed. I have since then lost another few pounds such that I now weigh 171lbs. I am still short and my bmi is not normal nor do I think it ever will be! Two months ago I had Breast Lift (after fighting HMO and appealing) and in marking me up for the surgery, we realized that although I am short, my body frame from shoulder to shoulder is rather wide at 16.5cm.
Thank GD if we have option of revision if we are already suffering from our obesity and regain although I would have preferred if u had never have been fat to begin with. But alas my reality as WIRH so many of us is/was being fat from childhood on into adulthood.
Best of luck on your new journey to future health and may IR be smooth sailing this time around!
Mikimi in Israel
gwynnkitty
on 9/25/12 11:44 pm - North York, Canada
On September 25, 2012 at 8:57 AM Pacific Time, godzilla wrote:
Okay, I had SRVG in 1992;VBG in 2001 -both Open.
I developed narrowing of the esophagus inside to 4mm and then severe GERD.
In February 2008 I was revised to RnY after seeing five surgeons throughout Israel where I live.
If we had the "permanent" Ring/Band, our options for surgery revisions are limited as our "plumbing" re-routing is very different than the Lap-Band.
My only option at that time was RnY and Open.
Nowadays in Israel has changed in medical technologies and options have opened up more than ever before.
I am five feet tall and my highest weight was 270lbs giving me a bmi of 51.
I never lost all the weight and developed anemia.
Lost and gained weight... Went in to RnY weighing 229lbs.
I lost some of the weight but not enough yet due to hanging skin and Appeals I fought for two plastic surgeries via my HMO (that here in Israel is similar to the NHS). In my tummy tuck I went in weighing 182.6lbs and 7lb were removed. I have since then lost another few pounds such that I now weigh 171lbs. I am still short and my bmi is not normal nor do I think it ever will be! Two months ago I had Breast Lift (after fighting HMO and appealing) and in marking me up for the surgery, we realized that although I am short, my body frame from shoulder to shoulder is rather wide at 16.5cm.
Thank GD if we have option of revision if we are already suffering from our obesity and regain although I would have preferred if u had never have been fat to begin with. But alas my reality as WIRH so many of us is/was being fat from childhood on into adulthood.
Best of luck on your new journey to future health and may IR be smooth sailing this time around!
Mikimi in Israel

Thank you for sharing your story!! I'm so glad it's worked out (mostly!) for you!! :)

Referral to Surgeon: February 12, 2013 Appointment with Surgeon: April 24, 2013 Endoscopy: April 30, 2013 Referral sent to Bariatric Registry: May 2, 2013 Orientation Appointment: May 27, 2013 Dr Klein Appointment: June 6, 2013 Second Upper GI Series: June 11 Dr Glazer: August 12, 2013 RN/RD/SW: August 29. 2013 Follow-up With Dr Klein: September 23, 2013 Start Opti: October 23, 2013 Surgery Date: November 14, 2013 

kisha
on 9/25/12 8:38 am
Hi,
I am 6 years out and I am going thru some familiar issue such as you. I found out thru an endoscopy that I have a hiatal hernia. And its right at the mouth (or sphincter) of my pouch. I was hurting so bad and now I have to eat nothing but soft foods and liquids. My surgeon says I need a revision and I will be going for my consult next week. Also, with the help of a colonoscopy, they found that I have weak areas in my large bowel (mostly common in women). I was having severe constipation too. My doc says It was IBS with constipation. (again only in women) So you are not alone dear. I am 36 years old and feel like I am the only one that have gone through this.

Will I ever get to my goal weight!!!            

gwynnkitty
on 9/25/12 11:47 pm - North York, Canada
On September 25, 2012 at 3:38 PM Pacific Time, kisha wrote:
Hi,
I am 6 years out and I am going thru some familiar issue such as you. I found out thru an endoscopy that I have a hiatal hernia. And its right at the mouth (or sphincter) of my pouch. I was hurting so bad and now I have to eat nothing but soft foods and liquids. My surgeon says I need a revision and I will be going for my consult next week. Also, with the help of a colonoscopy, they found that I have weak areas in my large bowel (mostly common in women). I was having severe constipation too. My doc says It was IBS with constipation. (again only in women) So you are not alone dear. I am 36 years old and feel like I am the only one that have gone through this.

Oh my goodness - I'm sorry that you're going through this, but I'm so glad I'm not alone, either!

All the best to you in your journey, and thank you so much for your post! :)

Referral to Surgeon: February 12, 2013 Appointment with Surgeon: April 24, 2013 Endoscopy: April 30, 2013 Referral sent to Bariatric Registry: May 2, 2013 Orientation Appointment: May 27, 2013 Dr Klein Appointment: June 6, 2013 Second Upper GI Series: June 11 Dr Glazer: August 12, 2013 RN/RD/SW: August 29. 2013 Follow-up With Dr Klein: September 23, 2013 Start Opti: October 23, 2013 Surgery Date: November 14, 2013 

kisha
on 9/29/12 3:40 pm
 you are welcome! Let me know how your outcome is!

Will I ever get to my goal weight!!!            

Most Active