What's your insurance provider were you Approved or Denied?

CSerwalt
on 9/20/12 9:48 am - Philadelphia, PA
DS on 11/28/12

My letter was sent in this week to my Insuance. (RNY to DS) I am scared to death they will deny my revision - Highmark BCBS of PA

I was hoping to ease my mind and find others that were approved.
Not much detail needed, I dont want to be too personal. Just what insurer you have and Y/N

This may help ease a lot of poeples minds I hope.

Thank You Every1!

Hislady
on 9/20/12 12:38 pm - Vancouver, WA
It's nearly impossible to tell because it isn't the insurance company, but the employer who decides what the coverage is. Ten people can have the same insurance company but different employers and they will have 10 different coverages. Good luck to you!
pineview01
on 9/20/12 5:12 pm - Davison, MI
I have a Michigan only company!  I was converting to a VSG from a Band.  They emplimented a Once in a Lifetime while I was trying.  They would only let me ask for the band out.  Once it is out Than I can ASK for the VSG and go thru the process and then when denied, I can TRY to appeal.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Sherrie P.
on 9/23/12 6:46 pm
RNY on 02/06/13
BCBS denied me.  Working on appeal.... pain in the tail.  Good luck!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

CSerwalt
on 9/24/12 3:30 am - Philadelphia, PA
DS on 11/28/12
This waiting is driving me nuts! its all i can think about, and i am sooo worried ill be denied. I can eat and eat and eat now, my surgeon noted on my upper GI "Very large pouch"  ... gaining weight too easy now, the waiting makes me so worried and depressed..i eat :(
MaryCL
on 1/8/13 5:00 am - Indio, CA

Hello, I also have BCBS Highmark out of Pennsylvania.  My husband works with Union Pacific Railroad in California.  I am looking into a doctor here in California that will approve a revision gastric bypass that I had in 01/2007.  I also have been gaining weight.  Did you get the approval yet? 

Did you have to compete the 6 mos. of nutrition counsel again??

Most Active