Surgery and a sprain fooy

javoanta2
on 9/15/12 12:06 pm
My revision is scheduled for Sept 19 and I sprained my foot last night and the put a splint on.With me having a sprain will this keep me from having my surgery?Thanks for all replys...
pineview01
on 9/15/12 1:14 pm - Davison, MI
If it isn't broken I wouldn't think so.  Have you called the
surgeons office?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

javoanta2
on 9/15/12 2:02 pm
No I havent called my surgeon yet because it happened last night but plan on calling Monday morning..
pineview01
on 9/15/12 2:06 pm - Davison, MI
Got it! Duh it's Sat.  Can you tell I'm retierd and lose track of the day

Good Luck with the sprain.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Hislady
on 9/15/12 2:07 pm - Vancouver, WA
I can't imagine why it would, it doesn't affect the area they are working on. Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 9/16/12 2:59 pm - WA
Yeah but what about her ability to walk around after the surgery which she will be required to do every 2 hours. She is not going to want to shove two crutches up under her arms to walk around like that.
javoanta2
on 9/16/12 3:16 pm
After fighting Tricare and going through a peer to peer too finally get approval I am willing to hop or walk on crutches every two hours.This revision would be worth it...
pineview01
on 9/16/12 8:40 pm - Davison, MI
Yep, that would be how I feel too. 

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/12 5:21 pm - WA
LOL i hear ya, I would be too
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/12 2:02 pm - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
You can get a walker, with or without wheels.  I believe it would be a bit easier to get around with a walker than crutches.  I speak from experience; I had ankle reconstruction surgery about three months before I had my original bariatric surgery.

Walkers were actually standard equipment at the Delano Regional Medical Center, where I had my revision from Lap Band to sleeve. 

What was really odd was that the surgical wing was not dedicated to bariatrics but only had bariatric wheelchairs.

If your bariatric surgeon chooses to postpone your surgery, it shouldn't be more than a few days; however, I hope that doesn't happen.

Best wishes.

Most Active