Revision. Looking for a Friend.

Spacely StarKiller
on 9/18/12 2:20 pm - Montreal, Canada
Hello Heather and Layla!

Thanks for responding. I forgot how comforting the OH community was. It gives you a sense of normal. I feel like I'm in good company here! Thanks for adding me as a friend :)

-Serena

Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Spacely StarKiller
on 9/18/12 2:23 pm - Montreal, Canada
Your photos are so inspiring! You look fantastic!!

Serenity Prayer

SteffieBear15
on 9/19/12 5:05 pm - Medford, MA
Revision on 10/29/12
 Hi! I had RNY 5-05 and long story short lowest weight was 138, now I am 230 :( scheduled for BOB on Oct 29. I would love someone to go through this with too.... I will add you as a friend!

Stefanie - RNY 5.31.0 BOB revision 10.29.12

SW 234/CW 190/GW 160

Spacely StarKiller
on 9/19/12 8:31 pm - Montreal, Canada
Hello! Very similar indeed. Ah! I think I might be in the Spring time because it is in six months time, so I will follow along your progress and cheer you on from the side lines! Strength in numbers! :D

Serenity Prayer

Spacely StarKiller
on 10/5/12 11:15 am - Montreal, Canada
Steffie !!! You will never guess what!!!

I knew October 29th had significance!

I just got a call, my surgery BOB is going to be October 29th too !!!

Now we're really in good company!

Serenity Prayer

CSerwalt
on 9/20/12 9:31 am - Philadelphia, PA
DS on 11/28/12
Hi, your no alone I am finding a lot of people who had an RNY and have gained back just about all the wight. I too had RNY back 2009, I had many issues that had kept me from losing like everyone else. I since gained back almost all of the weight. I'm currently waiting on my insurances approval, hoping to hear something soon.

I think we are a lot more determined the second time around, Ive told myself and everyone that knows me I will not fail this time. I just need the chance to make it right.

Hope your able to get a revision and head in the right direction

~Christine
Spacely StarKiller
on 9/22/12 9:47 pm - Montreal, Canada
Hi Christine!

Thanks for writing. I'm currently on the waiting list, that I was told was about 6 months time. A month has passed almost. I'm counting down! I'm so glad I'm among friends here. It helps.

Outside of OH, I feel like a half robot! I wish you good luck with your insurance! I'll be rooting for you!

-Serena

Serenity Prayer

cminnie
on 9/22/12 2:20 pm
 I haven't been on OH in years. But like you, I am struggling with weight regain after RNY back in 2004. I started at 325 went down to 160 and felt fabulous!  I was happy, loving life, met my wonderful husband got married and got complacent.  Now I'm 270lbs.  Tired, older and feeling the effects of this weight.  I too was very unhappy with the 'aftercare' of my original surgeon. 
So in the spring of this year I started seeing a new surgeon and his team. They have all been very understanding and encouraging.  I too will be getting a lap-band over my bypass (I think I've seen others call that BOB).  My endoscopy showed that my pouch is way too large and the surgeon feels the band will provide better controlability over time.  Looks like we'll be doing this in December if insurance comes through.  I'm a little frightened about the whole thing but I can't go on the way I am.  Hopefully we can go through this together.  Glad to see there are others in the same situation.
Spacely StarKiller
on 9/22/12 9:45 pm - Montreal, Canada
Hello! Ah we're practically twins!

My original surgeon, when I met with him to discuss my health about a year and a half out... I wasn't concerned about the fact that I hadn't lost more weight. (I was 235-240lbs ish) and he didn't even look into my medical issues that caused me to be incredibly ill and stuck at home for a few years after surgery... no, he made me feel like a failure because I hadn't lost enough weight.

I'm not sure if the illness and trial medications, etc were part of the weight gain... but it went up.

It's like when I lost all of that weight, my body went berserk and my hormones became imbalanced. I started having endometriosis and three years later  was finally diagnosed with having a thyroid problem. That took me seeing many Doctors. I'm not sure if this has ever happened to anyone after surgery before- but that was what I was trying to find out at the time. I was in my early 20's and felt like I was in my 90's.

It is really disheartening because before surgery he was wonderful and encouraging... afterwords he was just.. awful. My new surgeon sounds very understanding and he even said that if the BOB doesn't help, that he will look into the other procedure, that he isn't giving up on me.

Anyways all of this to say- I'm glad that we have each other in this. Who better to understand? I can understand your nerves. But in the same way, I'm very excited for your December Surgery! Life will be restarting again and together we can do this!

-Serena

Serenity Prayer

Spacely StarKiller
on 10/5/12 11:16 am - Montreal, Canada
To all of my new friends! I have some exciting news! I received a surgery date much earlier than I had anticipated. I thought maybe May/June (6 month wait) But I'm getting operated on October 29th!!!!! Oh mon dieu!

Serenity Prayer

Most Active