Here we go!

thinlizzie12
on 9/10/12 12:09 pm - KS
DS on 01/24/13

I have been waiting to hear back from the place my band doc referred me o...after 5 weeks and literally less than one minute of giving the lady my number on my insurance..."I'm sorry, we don't do out of network"...this would have been nice to know so that I could have made other calls to other places that are in network.
Anyways, trying to optimistic here after 5 1/2 years of failure with the band.... I have started the beginning steps of revisioning to DS. I made appointments with nutritionist (3 month diary needed), primary care physician, and orientation seminar in a month and psych eval is after all this. I have not been this excited since about 2008. FINALLY, I am getting on with this journey.
Nurse told me that we will not know about insurance until after all my paperwork is filled out. She has had many bandsters coming out of the woodwork getting revised and knowing what is needed to get approved we are taking the steps early.
I am hoping to be scheduled for my surgery in Jan 2013....scared, but so happy I am taking this chance again...just hope I get it right this time. Thanks for reading!

Hislady
on 9/10/12 3:31 pm - Vancouver, WA
Way to go! We are finding the band is a horrible choice for weight loss. Too late for alot of us but I pray your insurance will cover your revision and you can at last succeed with weight loss!
jennyrenny
on 9/15/12 7:08 pm - Canada
DS on 08/11/12
 I'm band to DS. 5 weeks postop. Soooooooo glad I had the revision. My hunger is controlled, I'm eating healthy, and dropping weight like crazy.

Stick with it. It will be worth the wait.

HW: 365, SW (August 11, 2012): 351

Most Active