TonjaTLC
on 9/5/12 6:40 pm - Southlake, TX
 Lapband to RNY???
Surgery Date:  April 4, 2012 Offical Starting Weight: 304      
(deactivated member)
on 9/5/12 7:50 pm - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
Lap band to sleeve.

About a year, to the day.  Revision occurred on the fourth surgiversary of my band,

I'd still be waiting if I hadn't elected to self-pay a portion.  My insurance paid for band removal, hernia repair and, if needed, appendectomy (wasn't needed).  After many reassurances they would pay, they denied it three times, with the third time suggesting a resubmission three to six months later. 

After looking at the dollars and sense (not a typo), my surgeon's business manager offered me a deal that would have been roughly equal to my out of pocket maximum expense for the sleeve, even if my insurance had approved it.

Gotta love excellent surgeons who hire competent staff, make smart business decisions and treat people well.

I ended up having my revision 150+ miles from home and BOTH of my designated supported people wienered out on me (although one broke her ankle) and my surgeon got someone to drive me from the hospital to my hotel (2 miles) AND get my vehicle to the hotel as well.  That's going above and beyond.
Melissa C.
on 9/7/12 6:36 am
RNY to RNY took 48 hrs for approval and because of my work schedule I was on the OR table 3 weeks later-I had other medical issues and ended up with a revision (instead of a 3oz pouch I have a 2oz pouch)
(deactivated member)
on 9/7/12 6:50 am - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
On one hand, I wanna say LUCKY LADY.  But, on the other, sounds like it bordered on emergency/urgent situation.  Hope you are doing better.
Melissa C.
on 9/7/12 7:08 am
LOL not really an emergency situation but because of the "medical codes" ins. appoved quickly.  My first surgery was in 03 and my intestine started to wrap itself around my "old pouch" I really was not going in for a revision it just happened when trying to remove the tangled mess!! 
Allen Y.
on 9/15/12 2:55 am - Garland, TX
 I think you're asking how long the procedure took. My revision from VBG to RNY took 5 hours because I was full of scar tissue on the inside.

TonjaTLC
on 9/15/12 3:47 am - Southlake, TX
 Yes! Thank you!!! So did my husbands!!!!!  Crazy
Surgery Date:  April 4, 2012 Offical Starting Weight: 304      
lelagoddess
on 9/22/12 9:00 am
I was also 5 hours in the OR due to excessive scaring from the band...had to remove a portion of the bypassed stomach as well.  One of the longest my surgeon has done, apparently.  :(

Most Active