revision or general band question

bandmancwc
on 9/5/12 2:59 pm - Englewood, OH
Hi everyone,

About 12 years ago I had a R-N-Y and the procedure didn't work for several reasons.  My stoma was too big and everything was going right through me, I was  having a major bought of depression, etc.  About 3 years into the surgery, I began asking what could be done about the stoma and I kept getting the same answer....nothing.  Anyway, since it was a self pay, I could not afford another one.  I put almost all my weight back on and it was getting worse.  I finally ran across a bariatric surgeon who suggested putting a band over the bypass.  I was able to scrape enough together to have it done July of 2010.  It has been working great.  I am down 95+ pounds with my goal of 130 pounds.  All of that is background for the question (sorry).  I think I have 8.5 cc's or so in my band.  I have noticed lately that it takes very little to fill me up and I am doing a lot of regugitation.  Is there a point after so much weight has been lost that the band might be too tight and some needs to be taken out.  I know this is really a question for the doctor, but I am scared to death he will say yes, take some out and I will begin a tailspin of gaining weight again.  At this point, I am still willing to put up with the regurgitation rather than have the weight put back on.  I do have an appointment next month that I will go to, but wondered if any of  you have had this experience?   Thanks......Bill
pineview01
on 9/5/12 5:28 pm - Davison, MI
Sounds like you are to tight.  When I had fill taken out as I was too tight, I lost weight.  Regurgitation is never good and will cause other issues.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Hislady
on 9/6/12 6:51 am - Vancouver, WA
Yes! Over time scar tissue builds up under the band that causes it to tighten and 2-4 yrs is when it starts showing up. You are too tight for sure. You should never be vomiting with the band, only a too tight band causes that. If he takes out too much he can put some more back in, it's not that difficult but you will surely cause damage to your stomach if you continue vomiting. Not just your stomach but your teeth too from all the acid from your stomach. I would get in before next month if I were you and get a small unfill, 8.5 is a pretty tight fill level.
heathercross
on 9/8/12 3:45 pm - New York, NY
 Keep in mind, she had an RNY first and while she didn't say, Im assuming she (like me) has a large band with her BOB. I have 8cc in a 14cc band. Its only a little over 1/2full.
Turtle Lynn
on 9/18/12 5:20 am - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with
Most Active