Thinking about a revision

MizzTweezy
on 9/4/12 4:55 pm, edited 9/4/12 7:32 pm
 Hello,
A little about myself, I had a realize band place June 6th 2011, My starting weight was 296 I am now 210, Which I have been bouncing up a little and down a little since Feb 2012. 
My experiance with the band has been well, not all bad for sure because I did have weight loss. But my problem now is I have always had pain on my left side since the surgery which has made me make a few ER visits, It feels like it flares up, and it lasts 3 days or so at a time. 
I can't get any further and I am still obese. No matter how hard I push myself... I feel stuck! 
Some days I can feel my band is there, and some days I don't. It has a mind of it's own I guess. Which does not help me at all. If it were there steady I think it would be more helpful.. 
I am thinking about revising to either the bypass or sleeve. I am not sure which one would be better for me. The sleeve was not availibe at the time I had my surgery from my surgon, So I don't know to much about it yet. I am going to a different dr this time, and will be going to the informational seminar this Thursday evening to learn more about the types of surgeries to chose from.
Since I have had success with the band to a point, I am thinking the sleeve might be a good option because I did good on restriction, when I actually had it... But then there is that thing in my mind that tells me maybe bypass would be a better option and pray I end up with dumping issues if I consume sugar.. I am a sugar addict, chocolate addict, sweets addict... But my luck I would not be in the 30 percentage and could consume all I wanted.. lol
I do us mfp to track my calories and other things, And sometimes I do slip, but pick myself back up right away. I am doing everything in my willpower to stay afloat and not gain the weight I lost back.. And I am thinking The band isn't going to make it happen... Id love to hear from other people who have had a revision that is in the simular boat as me, and which one you went with and why and if you are happy you made the choice that you did... Thanks 

Stephanie M.
on 9/4/12 7:20 pm
On September 4, 2012 at 4:55 PM Pacific Time, MizzTweezy wrote:
 Hello,
A little about myself, I had a realize band place June 6th 2011, My starting weight was 196 I am now 210, Which I have been bouncing up a little and down a little since Feb 2012. 
My experiance with the band has been well, not all bad for sure because I did have weight loss. But my problem now is I have always had pain on my left side since the surgery which has made me make a few ER visits, It feels like it flares up, and it lasts 3 days or so at a time. 
I can't get any further and I am still obese. No matter how hard I push myself... I feel stuck! 
Some days I can feel my band is there, and some days I don't. It has a mind of it's own I guess. Which does not help me at all. If it were there steady I think it would be more helpful.. 
I am thinking about revising to either the bypass or sleeve. I am not sure which one would be better for me. The sleeve was not availibe at the time I had my surgery from my surgon, So I don't know to much about it yet. I am going to a different dr this time, and will be going to the informational seminar this Thursday evening to learn more about the types of surgeries to chose from.
Since I have had success with the band to a point, I am thinking the sleeve might be a good option because I did good on restriction, when I actually had it... But then there is that thing in my mind that tells me maybe bypass would be a better option and pray I end up with dumping issues if I consume sugar.. I am a sugar addict, chocolate addict, sweets addict... But my luck I would not be in the 30 percentage and could consume all I wanted.. lol
I do us mfp to track my calories and other things, And sometimes I do slip, but pick myself back up right away. I am doing everything in my willpower to stay afloat and not gain the weight I lost back.. And I am thinking The band isn't going to make it happen... Id love to hear from other people who have had a revision that is in the simular boat as me, and which one you went with and why and if you are happy you made the choice that you did... Thanks 

I'm confused about your weight loss...you said you started at 196 and now 211....

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

MizzTweezy
on 9/4/12 7:33 pm
 i fixed it, It was suppose to be 296 :) 
Most Active