Revision from Lap-Band DS.

bphatbw
on 9/4/12 10:29 am - Dallas, TX
I chose Dr. Wade Barker for my revision and it is scheduled 9/19. Although he has great reviews and comes highly recommended I am hearing alot of negative experiences. I am so close to the date but having second thoughts anyone out their who had a revision with Dr. Barker and has constructive critisicm or reasons I might reconsider?
pineview01
on 9/5/12 5:20 pm - Davison, MI
If you click on your Doctor's name you will see many positive  reviews.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

bphatbw
on 9/6/12 6:38 am - Dallas, TX
Thank you I did that.They were all positive however, I found another forum that has vertran DS patients and revisions that I have not been able find here and that is were some of the negative comments were. Most from revision gone wrong.  I think I am just really nervous. Dr. Barker is an excellent surgeon I am confident of that. I was able to find out from the hospital and through other research is he is extremely versed in all the other surgeries however the type of revision I am having is where he has his least experience. Usually I am very comfortable and confident when I make big decision but for some reason (no fault of Dr. Barker's) I am not about this one. I think there was a little trust lost with his staff and I am allowing that to cloud my judegement of the surgery itself.
MsBatt
on 9/7/12 4:34 pm
I'd suggest consulting with Dr. Stewart in Denton, TX. He is a vetted DS surgeon. Dr. Barker is not.
pineview01
on 9/6/12 10:23 am - Davison, MI
Good staff can make a big difference as that is who you have the
most contact with!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active