Tricare Prime Revision

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/12 7:25 pm
I had a VBG in 1999. I am currently looking into a revision with a Dr in St. Louis.  I have been to PCM for blood work, barium swallow, psych eval.  I am scheduled for my EGD next wek.  How long will it take to get approval from Tricare for revision.  What reasons do they deny?  I am looking to have a RNY done.  I am scared and would like any info you could offer.
Sherrie P.
on 9/2/12 8:10 pm
RNY on 02/06/13
I do not have your insurance. They are all different.  Wish I could help! Do you have an insurance coordinator at your surgeon's office that can answer these questions?

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Whit
on 9/6/12 5:26 pm
Revision on 12/10/12
Hi there,
I have Tricare Standard as my secondary insurance. I do not need approval from them they will automaticaly kick in if my primary approves surgery. Your Dr's office should be able to tell you how long it could take.  
Good Luck
Whitney
vwilliams
on 9/7/12 9:47 am
I wanted a revision as well. They denied the initial request and the 2 appeals after. They stated that they have a one per lifetime clause on weight loss surgery. It does not matter if you did not use Tricare for your original surgery. The only way they will cover is if you have a medical problem that requires a revision to fix it. For instance slipped band or stricture. Not losing enough or not satisfied with the amount lost won't do it.
(deactivated member)
on 9/22/12 4:17 am
Well the results of my  EGD show a stricutre, hiatial hernia, gastritis, staple line breakddown. The surgeon sseems to think  i have grounds for revision since there are numerous mechanical reasons for the revision.  Tricare has 30 days to approve or deny
Most Active