Morrhuate Injection?

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/12 4:31 pm
Hi...
I am scheduled to have an upper endoscopy w a morrhuate injection to reduce the size of the stoma in lieu of the lapband as revision to my RNY...has anyone had this before?
Thanks
Amanda
Ladytazz
on 9/1/12 11:07 pm
I Googled it and just like I thought it is schlerotherapy.  I haven't heard of anyone having long term success with schlerotherapy unfortunately.  There may be short term success because you are on a liquid diet for a while but once you start eating regular food the weight comes back.  Do a search on OH for schlerotherapy and you will see what I am talking about.
The only way to fix an enlarged stoma is either with a lap band, which is probably not a good idea, or revision surgery to either redo the whole pouch or to revise to another surgery, which would probably be your best bet.  Save your money and hopes and find a real revision surgeon who can offer you something that works.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Hislady
on 9/2/12 7:13 am - Vancouver, WA
Isn't it odd that they chnge the name trying to sneak it by the unsuspecting? Shame on them!
Ruth S.
on 9/5/12 6:08 pm - Orlando, FL
The name is not changed...the actual procedure is called Schlerotherapy and the scarring agent they use is the Morruhate (sp)....
Ruth S.
Ruth S.
on 9/5/12 6:06 pm - Orlando, FL
 I had two injections in 2008...that was only to help with some random pain I was having and it kinda stop but in no way it was to make me eat less.  It's temporary at worst and at best a year long as my dr had stated that I needed to get it done yearly which I couldn't afford. It ended up having distal RNY surgery this year (my Y junction was moved down further to 150cm) and even then I've only lost 18lbs in 3months - Im giving myself a year since Ive had a couple other issues but if you're looking for REVISION you have to do the full circuit....other than than in this case (in my humble opinion) is a waste of time and money.
Ruth S.
Most Active