Need help finding revision surgeon in Alabama

Honeybun256
on 8/28/12 11:21 am
Revision on 11/05/12
 Hi everyone,
I live in north Alabama and I'm in need of a revision from my vbg. I have Medicare and it's covered,but I have had the hardest time finding someone even close to my area that does this procedure. I am willing to travel,of course if I have to,but would like to be as close to home as possible. If anyone knows of Medicare providers that do revisions either in Alabama,TN,or GA please help me..Thanks so much
MsBatt
on 8/28/12 7:45 pm
That's kinda going to depend on what you want to be revised to. Have you researched all your options and chosen a procedure yet? That's really the first step---then you can start looking for a surgeon who's highly experienced in doing that particular revision.

I don't know if he takes Medicare, but you might contact Dr. Hugh Houston in Nashville, TN. He at least does all four major forms of WLS.
Honeybun256
on 8/29/12 2:23 pm
Revision on 11/05/12
 Thank you so much MsBatt for your response. I did contact his office today and Im awaiting an
Email to make a consult appointment . I appreciate your help,and I hope and Pray they can help me.
Honeybun256
on 9/26/12 12:49 am
Revision on 11/05/12
 Hello Ms. Batt, I would like to thank you for your recommendation. Thanks to you I started searching Nashville,and found my surgeon. It has been less than I month and I have been approved!
MsBatt
on 9/26/12 6:15 am
Wonderful!!!
MARIA F.
on 8/29/12 11:26 am - Athens, GA

Try Dr. Steinburg in Atl.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Honeybun256
on 8/29/12 2:25 pm
Revision on 11/05/12
 Thanks Maria for your response,I think I may have found a surgeon in Nashville. But I will contact Steinburg also just to be on the safe side..Thanks!
charm_n_ladi
on 9/3/12 3:12 pm - Atlanta, GA
Hi, I would recommend Dr. Titus Duncan with P'tree Bariatrics in Atlanta Ga.  He performed my gastric bypass surgery and I am currently going through what is called an "Overstitch".  I have to have a EGD done first so they can evaluate the size of my pouch.  The overstitch is less evasive than a resivion.  The recovery time is better and the cost is less as well.  I would do a search on the overstitch procedure and make a desicision on your findings.  I hope this helps, good luck.
reneydavis
on 10/3/12 9:24 am
Does Dr. Duncan do gastric bypass revisions? or is the "overstitch" what he calls the revision?
Thanks
Most Active