Pre exsisting Conditon insurance plan

L. Noble
on 8/26/12 9:17 am - TX
I just signed up for Pre exsisting insurance plan (PCIP) for texas and was wondering if anyone has ever used it before, I would like to know how much out of pocket is there, I know what the deductibles are and I understand that part I just am wondering kinda what to expect, It sounds very good and promising but I am just curious if it's as good as it sounds.
Hislady
on 8/26/12 2:02 pm - Vancouver, WA
This is a pretty new program I think so you may not get much in the way of responses. You can always contact the insurance co. and ask or see if they have a website, I would think they would. Also you may get more info posting on the Texas state forum. Hope it all works out for you!
L. Noble
on 8/29/12 8:46 am - TX
Ok just found out that it covers you as soon as you pay the premium which is 239.00 a month and after you pay deductible which is 2000.00 they cover 80% maximum out of pocket including deductible is 4000.00 then they cover 100% after that so it's looking good for me. My doctor accepts this insurance so now just waiting for paperwork to come in the mail, pay premium and then will get upper GI and see where we need to go from there. I'm getting excited now and seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. My original surgery was RNY 2003, kept weight off for yrs then the last two yrs have gained 60 pounds and tried every diet and even hired a trainer and the weight kept coming on. I am having pain in my stomach and it feels like it's on fire all the time, Plus I can eat way more than I should be able to, I'm hungry all the time, Don't eat all the time but feel like I could........I hope someone can use this info to hlep them, This insurance seems like just the thing for me.  It's only for people with preexsisting conditions and yes your gastric bypass counts as a preexsisting condition especially if you are having problems because of it.
L. Noble
on 8/29/12 8:50 am - TX
Anyone looking or help and not finding it should call and talk to Jana about this insuance (PCIP) her  number is 903-509-2292, I don't qualify for medicaid and not old enough for medicare, self employed so no insurance, don't have thousands of dollars just laying around to have the revision so I am so happy I found this.
L. Noble
on 9/6/12 6:43 am - TX
Still waiting on insurance to let me know something, I called yesterday and they said my app is still in reveiw and that it could take up to 4 weeks for me to hear something, although the agent told me not to worry about it  because she is sure I will be approved. I went ahead and made an appointment for the UGI so we can get the ball rolling just decided to pay out of pocket for it. My appointment is monday at 11am so hopefully I will know exactly where I stand after this and whatever the problem is that it can be fixed soon.
Most Active