Anyone ever used pcip in texas?

L. Noble
on 8/22/12 6:52 pm - TX
Hi ,
I just signed up for pcip in texas and I was wondering has anyone used it and if so is it as good as it sounds? they told me it would be about two weeks to get the paper work and make sure all is approved , Anyone with experience with this please let me know how it worked out for you.
Thank Lena
justinplex
on 8/30/12 3:04 pm - Kilgore, TX
 I got signed up with pcip back in march, and other than a few issues with having my name wrong and stuff everything is going smoothe. i am getting the gastric bypass, and my last class in the 6mo. program will be september 18th. from there we schedule a date and get the surgery done. pcip was a godsend and i can't wait to get my life back through wls.
L. Noble
on 8/30/12 4:14 pm - TX
Hi Justin, Thank you for your reply, Did you have to pay your full deductible and the total out of pocket before they started paying or were you able to pay the co pay when you went to the doctor? I know I have to pay the full 2000.00 deductible before the doctor will do the surgery. But I wasn't sure about the doctors visits, I need an upper GI and I was wondering about that as well, will I have to pay the full amount for that or is there a co pay for that as well?.........Sorry for all the questions but I am still waiting for the paper work to come in the mail so I can pay my premium. It should be here any day, I talked to my agent and she said I am approved.
justinplex
on 8/30/12 9:44 am, edited 8/30/12 9:48 am - Kilgore, TX
Have only paid my co-pay on the orientation visit, and when I went back for the H-pylori test. Other than that I have paid the $295 for the 6 months of nutrition classes there at Dr. B's. That only has to be paid before you schedule surgery, sooner if you want to. As for the upper GI, I am not sure. The insurance should cover some of it, but you will probably be billed for the rest, that was the case for the H-pylori test. For anything you get done, if your co-pay doesn't cover what they don't cover, you will just get a bill for the balance.

Not sure what they told you about PCIP and the bypass, but I was told the whole thing was covered if it is done at ETMC(I'm sure thats minus the deductible). Have you done the orientation at Dr. B's office yet of scheduled any of your classes? Maybe I'll run into you at the September 18th 2:30pm class. Hope everything goes smooth for you. If you have any other questions, I'll answer as best as I can.

Edit: Derp, apparently my reading skills have diminished! lol...
 Justin T. Johnson                            
L. Noble
on 8/31/12 9:43 am - TX
I probably won't have to do the classes or orentation because I going for a revision , I didn't mind orentaion when I did yrs ago thou. I will be going for UGI hoepefully in the next week or two they are suppose to call and schedule it hopefully they will call today. Anyway even with the problems almost ten yrs from first surgery I would do it all again. It's 100% worth it. I still haven't gotten the papers from the insurance in the mail yet but I talked to them on the phone and I should be getting them any day. I am excited for you as I know how exciting it is to know your life is about to change in an awesome way, the first part is hard, the first few weeks but after that it get easier as you start seeing the difference. Good Luck to you too and thank you so much for sharing your info about the insurance I was starting to think I was the only one who had ever even considered using it.
Most Active