oh no............

1sazz S.
on 8/19/12 7:14 pm
About a week ago I had an episode where I ate and drank too much. I was kinda nausios that night and off and on the following days. I thought maybe it was something I ate or a little bug. It would come and go and i never threw up, or even felt close to needing to. A few days ago I noticed my back hurting and having intermitent chest pain. I wasn't sure if it was a back problem or a band problem...or even cardiac! I then started to feel like I had a gas bubble near my band. I only had 2 in my band, but I went and had a complete unfill friday. my surgeon is out of state for 2 weeks. I saw his nurse. She is unable to use the fluro machine so she said based on symptoms she wanted to do a complete unfill. That was 2 days ago. Gas pills help some. I find myself burping and feeling a bit better. I can eat and drink just as much as before, no problems. Today I ate a sandwhich and felt pain as soon as i finished. It felt a bit like being stuck. i didn't slime or anything though. I then sorta felt like a sort middle back and gas pain near band area. Tonight I noticed what i suspect is heart burn. Its not in my throat but feel a wamness near my band area. Its not pain..just a feeling. I have put myself on a liquid diet starting after that sandwhich. For dinner I have FF refried beans and no issues. I still have the heart burn (?) feeling. Im not in pain. I have a follow up wth surgeon in 8 days. I am so scared that this is a slip that will require surgery. Im a teacher and go back to school in 11 days!

This does sound like a slip right? Given the situation is there any chance that it will fix itself?
Im not at all opposed to having this removed, I would just rather it not be an immediate need. i would love to research a sleeve revision but would need to establish myself with a different office. my office only does band. That process would take 3+ months I think.

Hislady
on 8/20/12 2:16 pm - Vancouver, WA
Sometimes and unfillwill fix the slip, but once you sli you are much more prone to get one again.
Ruth S.
on 8/21/12 11:56 pm - Orlando, FL
 Sazz, I would post this in the Lapband Forum as well as Im sure you will get more useful information for fellow Lapbandsters...
Ruth S.
1sazz S.
on 8/22/12 12:48 pm
Had my scope done today, its an erosion!!  im so pissed.  i have never kept the band tight, let alone too tight.  My office and hospital only do bands so I doubt I can even get a revision done at the same time.  I HATE the band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most Active