NOW WHAT TO DO?

tysweetpea
on 8/16/12 11:32 pm - NEWMAN, CA
I had roux en y in feb 2001...as a result I went from 365 to 200.  Since the weight loss I was able to conceive my baby boy in 2005...my miracle baby. Of course I gain some pregnancy weight but I was okay with it since if I didnt have the surgery then I wouldnt have my baby.  I was concerned about it when I couldnt lose the weight and visited my surgeon and questioned about if a revision is needed...up to abt 280. My surgeon said that my stomach has doubled in size and this is normal at this far into having the surgeon.  and no revision is needed and all I needed to do is exercise more.  Abt a year ago I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis which makes it difficult to exercise due to the pain and the meds are making me gain some weight...OMG...I am now up to 320 and so depressed that this has turned out the way it has and I have no choice in taking these meds...if I dont I will eventually be wheel chair bound.  Does anyone have any suggestions??
Allen Y.
on 8/17/12 3:01 am - Garland, TX
 Try a differnt surgeon. I had to talk with dozens of them before I got the ones that could help.

pineview01
on 8/20/12 7:21 pm - Davison, MI
Yep, look for another surgeon that will work with you.  There are things that can be done.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

MsBatt
on 8/21/12 9:47 am
I'm going to recommend you research a procedure called the DS (duodenal switch), and consult with a surgeon capable of revising your RNY to a DS. In CA, that would be either Dr. Rabkin or Dr. Keshishian. You can learn more at www.dsfacts.com
happygirl01
on 9/5/12 7:45 am
I know how you feel I have gained weight due to joint replacement and now bad knee.I have gains most of miine back. I am working on getting Lap band. I feel that what is worse than being heavy is loosing and being skinny and happier and them you get heavy again.I am now eating better I am borderline on my BMI so I can't loose any weight.On the other hand I can't gain either. My dr is going to try and get me approved for band in Oct. The hospital requires 6 month of counseling but I need it now. My dr. is on the board that approved the 6 month weight but since my ins. says only 3 he is going to try and do it. I have a hiatal hernial not very big but I think he is going to use that to help me get approved and my joints, most of all my BP is going back up. I wish you luck and congratulations on your baby. Nothing like being a Mom.
Most Active