Revising from LapBand to Sleeve

LilSleeved
on 8/15/12 4:32 am
My date has been set for Sept 24th.  I am thrilled and shocked my insurance approved my LapBand removal and Sleeve revision! 

Can you former Banders who have revised, tell me how it has gone?  Any problems?  Any regrets?  do you wish you had chosen a different WLS?

My surgeon says that he needed to revise from Lapband to any other WLS, he would choose the Sleeve. 

Lost 271lbs with my LapBand in 22 months!  My Band malfunctioned and I gained almost 42lbs and then revised to the Sleeve 9/24/12!  I lost another 140 lbs with my Sleeve!  Loved the LapBand and Lovin' The Sleeve!

bandarella
on 8/15/12 7:24 am - Bayonne, NJ
Revision on 06/19/12
I'm having mine done Sept 25th. Best of luck!

Phyllis  

Using a touch screen on my IPad, excuse any typos. 

Ashley A.
on 8/15/12 12:33 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12
Congrats on getting approved!
I had my band to sleeve revision on 6/27/12, I don't regret it at all. I had a few rough weeks but other than that its been smooth sailing. I think the toughest part of it for me was the mental aspect of things.. The few bad weeks I had in the beginning was well worth it now though.

Best of luck! I'm wishing you much success with your sleeve.

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

Turtle Lynn
on 8/15/12 7:05 pm - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

Congrats!  

I am 11 weeks out from my Band to RNY revision and couldn't be happier.  I am down 48 lbs already and my horrendous reflux is gone!!!!

I have a blog on my profile detailing my experience and I have pics posted that you are welcome to look at if you would like.  

My only regret is ever getting the Band;  I wish I had gone with RNY 6 years ago but live and learn! 

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

jcarverrn
on 8/30/12 4:02 pm
Good luck! Have any of you had problems with insurance denying revision surgery. My insurance carrier has an exclusion for any "complication that arises out of bariatric surgery performed before 01 10 2011. so will not cover revision. How can a revison be a complication
pineview01
on 8/20/12 11:43 am, edited 8/29/12 10:34 am - Davison, MI
CONGRATULATIONS!

Good luck with your  sleeve revision.  There is a new group for us trying to go band to sleeve, those that have and those just thinking about it.  It is Band2Sleeve

I am getting my band out on 9/4 and than will start the fight with the insurance for the sleeve.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Band2Sleeve/

I hope to be with you some day!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

reneemosley
on 8/29/12 2:50 pm - WA
VSG on 05/21/12
I am about 3 months post op and had my failed band in place since 2006. I could not be happier! My sleeve is everything I had hoped the band would be.
I had a single surgery for remooval and revision and it was outpatient. No complications. No regrets. I feel better prepared for the lifestyle change having already been a WLS patient.

Two things that are kind of a bummer....
1. No Ibuprophen-per my doc.
2. hairloss

I would agree with your surgeon. It just feels normal, only I can just eat smaller portions, easy.

You will do great and feel great!

Band 5/2006          Revision to VSG 5/2012

LilSleeved
on 9/10/12 2:25 am
Thanks Renee! I'm so happy to hear that it's gone well and you're happy!  I am scared that the Band has done some damage and they may make me wait, but so far, my doctor thinks everything will be done in one surgery! 

Lost 271lbs with my LapBand in 22 months!  My Band malfunctioned and I gained almost 42lbs and then revised to the Sleeve 9/24/12!  I lost another 140 lbs with my Sleeve!  Loved the LapBand and Lovin' The Sleeve!

sctexasgirl
on 8/29/12 3:57 pm - SC
I am having my revision on the 5th of September.  I have had my band since 2008.  I couldn't lose weight with my band and I hope that this is the answer.  I have been waiting for a long time for this.  I feel like I have failed the band and the band has failed me.  I hope that I don't fail the sleeve.  I am on my 2 week pre op diet and am waiting for the day I have surgery!
LilSleeved
on 9/10/12 2:26 am
How did your revision go?  Are you doing okay?  I am sorry, I didn't get back to wish you well before your surgery!  I wanted to say, don't look back!  Those bad Band days are behind you!  You didn't fail that band, it failed you! 
I hope you are doing well!

Most Active