I NEED A REVISION!

Wes B.
on 8/22/12 9:54 am - Grapevine, TX
 Hope things turn out well for you.

Just to clarify a bit, if you have Medicare parts A &B, Medicare is a federal program and will pay certain percentages of your surgeries, doctors visits, etc. Medicare does not pay for the whole thing. The doctors who accept Medicare agree to take what the government offers. You pay your portion. The doctor writes off any losses he may have incurred.

If you also have state Medicaid, then it helps to pick up all or part of the expenses that you pay.

In your case it isn't Medicare that is the issue, it is what the state of Georgia will pay. That part varies from state to state as to what Medicaid covers and how much is reimbursed.

To help ease your mind, you could go to the state of Georgia's website for Medicaid and see what is covered. There should also be an 800 number listed that you could call to get some additional info.

You could also call other WL Surgeons in the area and talk to their Medicare/Medicaid coordinators to see what their experience has been. You could also call the area hospitals and talk to their Medicare/Medicaid coordinators for clarification.   

If you have a Medicare Advantage plan, you will typically have deductibles and co pays to pay. However, if you have Medicaid, you probably don't have a Medicare Advantage plan.

Several years ago I went from a lap band to a Gastric bypass. The lap band had gotten caught around my esophagus. Many think lap bands are relatively safe but I have known of a number of folks who have had serious problems with them.

Good luck.

Most Active