Revision complete...

Delia Montalvo
on 8/9/12 11:11 am - San Antonio, TX
Hadn't posted in a few weeks. I had my sleeve to RNY revision on 7/23/12. Did well, was discharged from the hospital on 7/25. Was doing well on liquids, getting around and so on. Then on Sunday, 30th I tried to scoop something off the floor and felt a little tug on my stomach. Didn't think much of it but in the morning I woke up tried to get up and walk and the pain was soooo intense around my abdomen, I thought I was going to die. I went in to see the PA since my Dr. was out of town and she prescribed a muscle relaxant and an antibiotic. No help at all. The next day I spoke with the Dr. taking calls for my dr and she suggested I go to ER and have a CT scan done. They did not see anything so I was prepped for an exploratory lap for Thursday August 2...I was told that all sutures were intact but that I had build up of scar tissue on the omentum and lining of abdominal wall and he cleaned it up. What a difference that made. I still had trouble getting up but I forced myself to try. I was discharged on Friday with more muscle relaxants and pain meds. Needless to say I am soo much better. I came back to work on Monday 8/6 since I have a seditary job...(typing all day) and I felt well enough to work. Yesterday I saw my physician, he said I had a small tear in my abdominal wall as he was told by the other physician, but it was repaired. I've lost 12 lbs since my original surgery. I am still very cautious about bending and laughing, can you believe it laughing makes my abdomen hurt...I tried watching a comedy yesterday, had to turn the channel cause I was hurting just laughing. Anyway, I want to say, I'm okay, glad it's over, looking for a better future without reflux.

TitiTimbers
on 8/10/12 5:32 am - Malibu, CA
So glad to hear you are doig better. Good Luck.
MARIA F.
on 8/17/12 10:58 pm - Athens, GA

Tons of lapbanders develope reflux! So glad you were able to revise!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active