No revision for this girl..booooo!

Tonya M.
on 8/2/12 5:58 am - Fort Dodge, IA
Well I had an Upper GI completed on Wed morning and according to the radiologist, nothing was found out of the ordinary so that basically means this 2nd surgeon who I visited will not do a revision due to finding nothing to fix.  Which sux sooo bad bc I really need a revision.  Oh well, I guess I can say I @ least tried and made an effort to get a revision.  Just in disappointment mode right now :-( but I'll get over it, no choice but too..Hope anyone else seeking a revision has much better luck that me. . .
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/12 7:07 am - WA
Oh Tonya, I am so sorry for you. I know how much this means to you. Keep searching for doctor number three. I also have nothing wrong with my original surgery which is why I am telling the second surgeon upfront I want a proximal to a distal. Not actually a revison but more of an extention. Much easier to do than a revision. But who knows he may tell me no as well. But I am so sorry for you. They better come out with a damn good diet pill for us huh.
Tonya M.
on 8/3/12 12:47 am - Fort Dodge, IA
Thanks Muzzled!  I appreciate you saying this.  I wish you much luck on yours! :)
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/12 11:23 am - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
Was the upper GI done NPO or did you have something in your pouch?

If it was NPO, you may have a false positive report.  Talk to the surgeon about your symptoms and, if need be, get a third opinion.

My previous surgeon sent me for an upper GI NPO and, despite the classic symptoms, determined no slip.  My current surgeon has determined I do have a slip and told me that performing the upper GI with an empty pouch is generally a waste.
Tonya M.
on 8/3/12 12:45 am - Fort Dodge, IA

Im confused..what is it mean having it done "NPO"??  Versus sumthing in my pouch?  I couldnt eat or drink anything after midnight..is that what you are referring to when you say an empty pouch?

Thanks,

Tonya

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/12 3:23 pm - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
Yes, you had an empty gullet.  It's hard to discern that a band is slipped if you haven't eaten.
Hislady
on 8/2/12 11:26 am - Vancouver, WA
I'm so sorry this didn't go thru for you. Maybe things will change in the future or you can find someone else who will consider doing it. This is so disappointing for you wish I could fix it! Stay strong, sweetie!
Tonya M.
on 8/3/12 12:46 am - Fort Dodge, IA
Thank you, I appreciate the kind words of encouragement.  Its very thoughtful :)
gorditabonita
on 8/2/12 11:50 am - Springfield, VA
VSG on 01/23/13 with
So sorry Tanya....don't give up. You will get your revision. I know things are looking bleak but I have hope for you....

HW - 287 (12/2007); GW - 165; CW - 164....proudly wearing a size 8!On my journey from LapBand to VSG.....LapBand on 12/19/07, LapBand removal on 8/8/12 and sleeve on1/23/13! Consider joining me at Band2Sleeve!( http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Band2Sleeve/)  Friend me on MyFitnessPal too! I'm gorditabonita74.

Tonya M.
on 8/3/12 12:48 am - Fort Dodge, IA
Thanks Miss lady..and I know.  I don't want to give up, but Im honestly not sure what to do now since Ive had both an EGD and Upper GI done.  Very frustrating. :-/
Most Active