revision from previous RNY

davis8701
on 7/31/12 2:48 pm
I agree with you and it is very difficult to eat. I don't always feel hungry and I usually feel so weak that I just want to rest. The days that I do feel good don't normally last long. Or I go to the gym and get on the treadmill for a few minutes and feel so tired the rest of the day. I gained almost all of my weight back though so I am hoping to lose at least 100 or so. The doctor didn't really dicuss anything with me about maybe not losing much though so now I am a little anxious to talk to him again. I didn't even think to ask about that either when I started seeing him. I hope things get better for you though and you reach your goal.
Ruth S.
on 8/10/12 4:30 pm - Orlando, FL
Thank you! Some days are better than others as far as appetite. I don't know about you but I was a diabetic before and now my sugars crash more often than not. I find that when I go to the gym at about the hr mark my sugar have dropped (even if I have eaten!). I will be discussing with the dr. so far no major weight loss...hoping that after the 3rd month something will give!!  I'm not sure if 100 lbs is a realistic goal on top of a RNY surgery - but what do I know...it can happen! I guess it all comes down to getting down to basics, drinking water, eating right and being compliant. Not being compliant is what got us in trouble in the first place! But Im glad we have this place to keep us accountable.  Best of luck to you!
Ruth S.
davis8701
on 8/10/12 7:46 pm
Well I was not told that so that is my biggest question and also gripe because I did expect more since I gained almost all of my weight back..not just 50 or 60 pounds and I was over 300 pounds boths surgeries..I definitely would have thought more about it because if I only lose a small amount then I'm still obese. I guess someone who is in that weight range may understand what I'm saying..but the biggest problem was just not knowing..there was no mention of it possibly being less or anything like that. Anyway, I guess I will just have to wait and see. But I'm going to keep working out and being compliant. Definitely a bit discouraged. It looks like I'm losing 4 to 5 pounds a week right now so only time will tell..thanks
jzwife
on 8/18/12 12:28 am
I am having a revision of the RNY to RNY because of a fistual  in the next several months. My doctor , along with some research I have done says that you can lose anywhere from 60-95% of your weight even with a revision. It could be slower than the first time tho. Just be compliant with what they teach you and it will come off.
davis8701
on 8/18/12 2:38 am
It definitely is slower than the first time around. But I am willing to be patient and compliant because I do not want to gain the weight again. I just have been seeing all these posts about losing a smaller percentage on the revision and could not really find any info online about it either. I am definitely thankful for any weight loss but he never said it may be minimal so I was not happy. You know how hard it is going through this physically, mentally, and financially. Things are getting better for me as far as being able to exercise more though so I remain positive. Best wishes on your revision.
Most Active