Hows your Rny to Rny revision. Plan mine Oct 2012

hotpeppers2000
on 7/27/12 9:27 am - Engadine, MI
 Original Rny May 2005 SW230 down to 110 regained more only 2 yrs ago now Cw 255 goal 125. I have done ALL my research and will only be having revision of original surgery. Pouch is now longer a pouch but a stretched hour glass. Looking for inspiration and stories of comlpication. Thanks for keeping it real.~God Bless, Angie Davis
IceMama
on 7/27/12 12:35 pm
Well My journey is very slow and I am at 3 months today,.... you can check out my story on youtube if you like link below.

Good Luck with your journey!!
My Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/ItAintDaEazyWay

Stephanie "Ice Mama"
RNY 3-22-06 302/158/138;''''
Weight Regained = 225lbs, Revision 4/27/12
hotpeppers2000
on 7/27/12 1:09 pm - Engadine, MI
 Thank you. I have actually been following your story on youtube already and will continue. I love how  honest and real you are at sharing your journey and you are one of the only people I have found with the same surgery to revision I am in. Congratualations I think you are doing awesome and you are inspiring whether you feel your jour journey is having its ups and its slows, God Bless ~ Angie Davis
shymiamor
on 7/27/12 1:36 pm
just wondering whats the differance between VSG and a revision? i had  the RNY in 2004 was at 414  in 2006 i plato at 267 now im 289  is that good? as of 2012 ?
hotpeppers2000
on 7/27/12 2:22 pm - Engadine, MI
 My understanding is thet they band and staple the stomach but do not bypass any intestines during vsg, therefore you can eat almost almost anytype  of food with no "dumping syndrome' even sweets. These make me very sick with my rny so even after 8 years these are totally forbidden for me. But my stomach and stoma size have increased so I can have them downsized again. I am not 100 percent familiar with vsg but this is how I understand it. They can sleeve you after an rny but again, just to what I understand it can still go "through" you quicker,leaving you hungrier again soon after eating. Hope this helps. God Bless~ Angie Davis I kept track of my first rny on OH under Angie Davis,zip code 49827 
southernlady5464
on 8/19/12 5:45 am
On July 27, 2012 at 9:22 PM Pacific Time, hotpeppers2000 wrote:
 My understanding is thet they band and staple the stomach but do not bypass any intestines during vsg, therefore you can eat almost almost anytype  of food with no "dumping syndrome' even sweets. These make me very sick with my rny so even after 8 years these are totally forbidden for me. But my stomach and stoma size have increased so I can have them downsized again. I am not 100 percent familiar with vsg but this is how I understand it. They can sleeve you after an rny but again, just to what I understand it can still go "through" you quicker,leaving you hungrier again soon after eating. Hope this helps. God Bless~ Angie Davis I kept track of my first rny on OH under Angie Davis,zip code 49827 
My understanding is thet they band and staple the stomach but do not bypass any intestines during vsg

They do NOT BAND the VSG...and some surgeons use staples, others use sutures...depends on the surgeon.

Oh, and for YOUR safety...you might want to remove your zip code from your posts...with your name AND zip code, people can steal your identity and clear your bank account or run up debt in your name. These are PUBLIC boards, can be read by guests!

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

MsBatt
on 8/18/12 1:31 pm
Here are some pics:

Gastric Bypass

Gastric Sleeve

Your RNY could be revised to a Sleeve, but given your original high weight, I think you'd be much better off with a DS (duodenal switch). The DS has the same stomach as the VSG, plus an intestinal bypass which causes life-long malabsorption of calories. This is why the DS has the very best long-term, maintained weight-loss stats. It's also the best at resolving or preventing co-morbs like diabetes and high cholesterol.
Hislady
on 7/28/12 6:14 am - Vancouver, WA
With the VSG they remove 70%-80% of the stomach, there is no band involved. It is simply removed and sewed together with 3 rows of staples, they take the more stretchy part of the stomach the part that produces grehlin (what makes you hungry) so often you lose the sense of hunger, but not always. There is no re-ruoting of intestines with the sleeve. They can usually eat most anything and don't dump per se but can have a reaction similar to dumping sometimes with some foods.
positivebehavior
on 8/6/12 5:51 am
I am having my revision from rny to rny next week 8/15/12. I am nervous and hope everything goes well. I have heard stories the weight comes off slower the second time around.
jzwife
on 8/18/12 12:38 am
I also had my surgery done in May -2005. i am having a revision from an RNY to another RNY since I had a fistual that prevented me from losing the first time. I am a little nervous. Please keep me posted on your surgery and let me know how it goes.I am hoping to have mine done around the first part of Oct.
Sharon
Most Active