Confused on which get best results band over bypass or endoscopic gastro jejunostomy

gorditabonita
on 8/1/12 11:48 am - Springfield, VA
VSG on 01/23/13 with
Man, don't I know it....I found out the hard way. :( I wish I had had the sleeve from the beginning now. Now, I am looking at 3 surgeries instead on just one.

HW - 287 (12/2007); GW - 165; CW - 164....proudly wearing a size 8!On my journey from LapBand to VSG.....LapBand on 12/19/07, LapBand removal on 8/8/12 and sleeve on1/23/13! Consider joining me at Band2Sleeve!( http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Band2Sleeve/)  Friend me on MyFitnessPal too! I'm gorditabonita74.

Nic M
on 8/1/12 1:58 pm
I found out the hard way, too. It was over 9 years ago that I had the band and I'm still paying for it in lots of ways. I also had multiple 'corrective' surgeries. The band is just bad news all the way around. It's so damaging to so many people. I'm sorry you're going through it, Gorditabonita.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

brownsugargirl
on 8/9/12 10:06 pm - Ambridge, PA
 The only info I could find on new procedure that. I am praying I will get... I see the nutritionist  next Tuesday then off for approval via bcbs of ill HMO.. Praying to get approved. i will post all results etc asap. Michelle www.youtube.com/watch
brownsugargirl
on 8/10/12 9:32 am - Ambridge, PA
On August 9, 2012 at 10:06 PM Pacific Time, brownsugargirl wrote:
 The only info I could find on new procedure that. I am praying I will get... I see the nutritionist  next Tuesday then off for approval via bcbs of ill HMO.. Praying to get approved. i will post all results etc asap. Michelle www.youtube.com/watch
 hope this helps..
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/10/12 2:28 pm
 Yikes, are you sure you want to be their guinea pig???

Please look for a revision surgeon that isn't practicing something new, with ZERO track record. You deserve better. I'd start with the ones MsBatt mentioned above, and no others.

MsBatt
on 8/10/12 4:05 pm
What a lovely dog you have. (*grin*)
MsBatt
on 8/10/12 4:07 pm
Okay---THAT was a scary video.

It might work, but I personally wouldn't want to risk getting a stricture that can't be dilated. I still urge you to consider revision to either the Sleeve or the DS.
brownsugargirl
on 8/11/12 6:19 pm - Ambridge, PA
 Wow Its look like it a great option.. hmmm
MsBatt
on 8/11/12 7:15 pm
On August 11, 2012 at 6:19 PM Pacific Time, brownsugargirl wrote:
 Wow Its look like it a great option.. hmmm
Please understand what I'm saying----IF it worked perfectly, as described, every time---it would INDEED be a great option.  All I'm asking is---what sort of long-term stats does it have? Does your surgeon have a number of long-term (like, 5+ years out) patients who are happy and satisifed with this procedure?  What sort of failure rate does this have? Does your insurance cover it? Will having this keep you from having any other sort of revision later on? WILL IT MAKE YOU HAPPY???

This is your SECOND chance to get WLS right. Don't waste it.
brownsugargirl
on 8/13/12 6:58 pm - Ambridge, PA
From what I  gather it has much better re****s than bob. which was the only other option my ins covers. This option yes it has been out for more than 5 years in test patients.No it will not keep me from having another surgery my dr said if i didnt work redo it make stomach smaller or bob. which i really dont want.This is what i really need my stomach smaller I dont feel I would lose much with BOB.
Most Active