Tentative date for VSG

bandarella
on 7/24/12 10:47 pm - Bayonne, NJ
Revision on 06/19/12
Surgeons office called, my tentative date for the VSG is 9/25. Now that I'm healed,I can't wait. I do not miss the band at all. Pounds are creeping up, but they were with the band too. It is so nice to drink and eat without immediate pain & nausea. Let the countdown begin....

Phyllis  

Using a touch screen on my IPad, excuse any typos. 

Kathi C.
on 7/27/12 12:32 am - Egg Harbor Township, NJ
 Hi bandarella,

I'm in the process of getting approval for a revision from the Band to the Sleeve. I've done all of my evaluations and now have to make the appt. with my surgeon so he can submit to my insurance.

I'm reading on OH that my insurance probably will not cover the Sleeve. I feel strongly that I will have the Band removed anyway.

I get STUCK all of the time. I stopped losing weight, and have slowly regained 14 lbs. over the past 9 months. I struggle to stay at, or below 230 lbs.

Please keep me updated on your progress.
Kathi

Be Particular  Self-respect is the most beautiful quality a woman can possess.

pineview01
on 7/27/12 2:48 am, edited 7/27/12 3:36 pm - Davison, MI
I am going ahead with getting my band out.  It is approved to come out as of yesterday,  The odds of getting the sleeve are slim to none.  But I can't live with the band any more.

Phyllis, Congrtulations on getting your sleeve Revision date.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

bandarella
on 7/27/12 12:48 pm - Bayonne, NJ
Revision on 06/19/12
If it hurts that much, definitely take it out. You'll feel the difference with the first sip of water post op. Keep trying for the surgery you want. It's your life and your decision. Feel better soon!

Phyllis  

bandarella
on 7/27/12 12:45 pm - Bayonne, NJ
Revision on 06/19/12
Kathi, I'm sorry that you too share band problems like I did. It's been out for a month and it has been wonderful. No pain, no nausea, no stuck feeling!!

Of course trying to fight weight gain is a challenge but that's all in my head. Nothing physical other than poor choices on a crazy rotating work schedule.

Please don't give up your pursuit. One of my jobs is medical billing and the more you appeal and annoy the insurance co., the quicker they are to approve you, just to shut you up. The key is document, document, document!!! Make your MD stick it all in your file for reference. Best of luck to you.

Phyllis  

Ashley A.
on 7/28/12 3:56 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12
Congrats are getting the tentative date!! I just had my band to sleeve revision done 4 weeks ago. I hope it all goes well for you!

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

bandarella
on 7/28/12 6:09 pm - Bayonne, NJ
Revision on 06/19/12
Ashley, thanks so much. How have you found the healing process and any advice on things I should be prepared for?

Phyllis  

Ashley A.
on 8/4/12 9:27 am, edited 8/4/12 9:28 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12
I apolgoize I didn't get back to you sooner.

To be honest, the first few weeks were a lot harder than I expected.. I was and still am having some issues getting things in and down. The recovery has been a lot harder than I expected, both physically and mentally.
Since your band is already out and your stomach has had time to heal, I'm sure you will have a smooth transition like most do!
My issue was where the band was there was still inflammation so when I ate/drank anything it would just sit in the pouch that I had with the band and then pass through the sleeve stomach, so my stomach was still acting like a band was there so I still have issues with getting stuck/pbing, etc, but its getting better each day!

I hope this information helps.
Good luck with everything! You will do great.

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

gorditabonita
on 8/1/12 11:51 am - Springfield, VA
VSG on 01/23/13 with
Wow - I can't wait to read about your success. I am having my band out next week....honestly, I am scared about the surgery, but I do think it is the best thing to do. I just got stuck after dinner. I hope this will be the last time that I endure that discomfort. No more puking on the side of the road......

HW - 287 (12/2007); GW - 165; CW - 164....proudly wearing a size 8!On my journey from LapBand to VSG.....LapBand on 12/19/07, LapBand removal on 8/8/12 and sleeve on1/23/13! Consider joining me at Band2Sleeve!( http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Band2Sleeve/)  Friend me on MyFitnessPal too! I'm gorditabonita74.

pineview01
on 8/1/12 3:46 pm - Davison, MI
I was stuck while at Disney with my two grandsons.  We where waiting for a bus, while it was loading I pucked in a trash can.  Five minutes out from where we had to go I had to stop the bus to puck again.  That was THE WORST stuck and the poor Grands didn't know what was wrong with G'ma.  The whole bus was watching me.  I can't wait for that to be over.

The worst part, I got stuck on WATER, because I was so thirsty I chuged.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active