abdominal cramping

davis8701
on 7/19/12 9:48 am
I am 3 weeks post-op from a laparoscopic revision on a RNY I had done in '04. I also had a hiatal hernia repaired with the revision. I have been experiencing abdominal cramps the past few days. The cramps have been off an on during the da but are mildy painful. I never had this problem in my previous surgery and I have not been overeating or consuming dairy. Is this common? Would love some input.
Hislady
on 7/19/12 10:15 am - Vancouver, WA
You should really call your surgeon and ask him about this, it could be many, many things.
Ruth S.
on 7/23/12 12:12 pm - Orlando, FL
 As the dr office vm says...If this is a medical emergency..call 911. 911 being in this case your dr office...it can be a variety of things and he needs to check your incision out and possibly hospitalize to do further testing.  I've had 3 additional hospital visits with two for bowel obstructions..never disregard pain or cramping so please check with them.
Ruth S.
davis8701
on 7/23/12 12:28 pm
I have spoken with my doc and they said it can be normal since I am getting use to eating again. The cramps always came right before having a bm but they have stopped. I do stay in constant contact with the doc's office though. Some things are similar to my first RNY and some things I am experiencing are very different this time around. Thanks for you help
Most Active