RNY to RNY Revision anyone care to share?

TitiTimbers
on 7/19/12 10:11 am - Malibu, CA
Having  the hardest time finding anyone to share your story success or failure  with the rny/rnyrevision. I am having this surgery next month and want to know what to expect.

Thanks in advance
Whit
on 7/19/12 12:25 pm
Revision on 12/10/12
 Hi,
This has been something I was ofered as well. TalldarknRalph had it done pretty recently and Heather Cross has a friend who has been successful. It is covered by my insurance 100% but I really think the DS as sacry as it is it may be the best long term solution for me.  
Good luck
Whit

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

TitiTimbers
on 7/19/12 1:52 pm - Malibu, CA
 Hay, Thanks so much for the information. I will look them both up.
IceMama
on 7/20/12 11:10 am
Hello,

I am just shy of 3 months out from this revision you can check out my journey via My Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/ItAintDaEazyWay

My Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/ItAintDaEazyWay

Stephanie "Ice Mama"
RNY 3-22-06 302/158/138;''''
Weight Regained = 225lbs, Revision 4/27/12
TitiTimbers
on 7/21/12 12:03 pm - Malibu, CA
Thank You so much. I have subscribed to you and I will be watching.
Ruth S.
on 7/23/12 12:09 pm - Orlando, FL
  Hi, Im 2mo shy of having "Distal RNY" from Medial RNY...(8 yrs from my original)......basically the surgery is moving the Y Junction down further and you have less intestine and more malaborption (that's what I had - as I understand it).  I've had two bowel obstruction and my colon not functioning properly and it's now moving slowly but moving.  At this point of my journey..I feel disappointed because I feel the same as before everything started.  The dr had told me I would be having 4 bms a day and it would be lose stools. None of that happened or has happened.  I have attempted twice to be non compliant to see if I dump and nothing. I see him Thursday to tell him how disappointed I feel to go through sooo much and feel like I got no where.  Can I say I will not lose weight - NO.  I have lost 21 lbs and if I eat better/correctly and continue to work out - which are the protocols one should continue to follow...then in the end the result of losing weight is what's it's really all about.  I hope u have better results.
Ruth S.
TitiTimbers
on 7/23/12 3:17 pm - Malibu, CA
It seems as if everyone I have chatted with loses the initial 20 lbs then stalls I am sorry you are having such a rough go of it.  Please let me know what your doctor has to say.

Thanks so much for the  honesty and for sharing
Suzanne_Paulette
on 3/30/17 9:09 am - Lamonte, MO

Did you have to do the 2 week liquid diet before this procedure?

heathercross
on 7/24/12 10:39 am - New York, NY
Hi.  Check out Lisa N.  She and I had RNY's by the same doctor back in 2002 and she had an RNY to RNY revision with Dr. Roslin in NYC in the fall of 2010.  Here is her profile.  http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/juviegal72/

TitiTimbers
on 7/26/12 6:06 pm - Malibu, CA
Thanks Heather, I read her story but she has not updated in a long while. I will send a msg to see how she is doing now.
Most Active