I'm getting my band out in a week!

pineview01
on 7/13/12 7:45 am - Davison, MI
I'm sorry you had to go thru this.  I am almost the same.  Will find out what is going on when I get this band out.

The PA made it sound like you guys all rock your band.  Glad to hear we are more alike than different.  She made me feel like I was having the problems because I'm doing something wrong.  If I had been more like an Assie I would haven't had a problem.

Just wait until I see HER again.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

scarlettbegonias
on 7/13/12 9:52 am - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12
 All the Aussies I personally know that have had the band have issues or have had it removed  with the exception of one who I think may be having issues but was very vocal about other people causing their own issues so at this Time she's a bit hush hush- my new surgeon told me he's taking more out than the number of requests he gets for them- though I love the perception  that we live such an awesome lifestyle!!
 The band is a horrible device I realise it's worked for a few but it really seems the majority have issues especially around the four year mark.

I hope it hasn't caused to much damage in there!!

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

JennLyric
on 7/14/12 12:39 am
 I wish you well.  It's kind of nice to have the band out.  I had my band taken out and revised to RNY on June 29.  It was all in the same surgery, which was about 3 hours.  I'm doing fine.  I know someone who had her band removed in a separate surgery and then revised to RNY and she is also doing fine.  

Do what you and your surgeon feel is best for you and your particular needs.  Good luck to you and I'm sure you'll be happy when it's done and you're once again on your way!
Cherokeesage
on 7/17/12 8:25 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
I loved the band the first year.  Second year it became my enemy.  I wore the band for 3 yrs never having it but half full.  That was all the restriction I needed to find my sweet spot but then it slipped and I threw up all the time.  The only thing that could be done was to deflate it and decide what to do.  I started my research all over and went with RNY.  My new surgeon removed the band, gallbladder, cysts on liver for biopsy and did RNY all in one open surgery.  I've had no post op difficulties and wish I had done it first time around.   I have other crosses to bear with ongoing health issues so I am thankful this journey has been easy for me. 

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

Most Active