Cigna and Revision ?

icurn2003
on 7/10/12 12:46 pm - Taylorsville, GA
 I have a consult on August 7 the with a surgeon. Cigna paid for my original surgery. I never got to my goal weight and have gained about 60 lbs back. I had RNY. I can't find anything in revision, just new surgery in my policy. Anyone know what I can expect?
Hislady
on 7/11/12 9:00 am - Vancouver, WA
The best way to find out the actual facts is to call the insurance co. itself and see what they say. Some now have a one surgery per lifetime limit so you need to see what your individual policy covers. Good luck to you!
CHUCHIEDONNA
on 7/12/12 1:48 pm - NJ
I had cigna at the time of my revision surgery,i went from band to sleeve.I had no problems getting a approval.My surgeon just sent a letter to Cigna and within 1 week i had the approval...good luck i know waiting can be hard !!!
swampthing1169
on 8/7/12 5:30 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 09/06/12
I have Cigna and did the 3 month thing all over again (It used to be 6 months) with all the Dr's and I got a denial letter. My Cigna plan does not state only 1 bariatric surgery per lifetime so I followed my surgeon's instructions and still got the denial. I had a UGI done which I think is totally useless for a banded person and the insurance also wants a compliance letter from the surgeon. So now it is a wait and see game again. I have a feeling that it will be denied again and if it does my surgeon said that he would speak to the medical director himself at the insurance company. Good luck today.
Most Active